120mph in 8th? But set up for dirt racing

I wouldn't say we have "no" business in Iraq.

We now have a military force and bases along an immediate border with Iran.

Is it worth it for just that... of course not, but it is a valuable perk.

It is hard to find a friend in that region to base military operations.... Saudis are not our real allies nor is Pakistan. Maybe they figured we could "make" a friendly nation.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have NO business in the middle east whatsoever.

Period.

With the one exception to find Bin Laden.

Why do we need to have a military base in operation in that region?

To keep an eye on the oil, that's it.

Mark my words...

As we start building cars that are less dependent on their oil, they will be swimming in it...and they will be begging to sell use more oil at a cheaper rate as well as beg us for our technology.

Obviously this will not happen tomorrow.

But when it does, we need to flip them the finger and say Fuck Off...that's why we've been saving our own for all this time. We can run off our own supply, period.

I'm sure Britain, France, Spain, etc., would be happy to let us have military to keep an eye on the towel heads from there.

Russa...can be bargained with.

We dont' need the number of troops over there we do now....

Well, here is my political views.

Bush, let's look at the fact since no one else will. OK city bombing, towers bombing, the sky is falling. Sorry but when you drop two of my huge monuments and kill thousands of my peoples, I get pissy and go looking for the guy responsible. I have not heard O N E military person tell me in honesty that things are all good. The problem is america is very shaded from reality and the reality is we step up now before things get worse. I could care less if all those people kill each other fighting over sand. Matter of fact, I want to send all our gang bangers over there that are always lookin to "bust a cap" and go get it done. However, when their wars come over here or their nuke fallout makes my kid grow 3 arms, that is when I get pissed.

Bushed stepped up because he had to deal with many national disasters and yes, it gets expensive. I am not all "pro-bush" but I think the people that think we need to sit back and twiddle our thumbs while the terrorists work deeper into our country, need to go visit this people for a day. I have some rather accurate inside intel that firms up what I am saying. If you want bombs in your backyard, go there. If we do not fight them off, they will kill us off. Bet on it!!!

Obama, guy is not all bad the "messiah" has some things to work out regarding spending money we do not have and some how thinking that taking from people that work and giving to people that don't will actually work. What friggin incentive is there to work when there is food, free money, health care, shelter, all provided for me if I don't??? I agree we have a HUGE problem but just for the record, you are about to see a HUGE flop with this CARS program. pissing away money.

If anyone knows what actually drives the US economy, please stand up........ It's called small businesses. Until we can find a way to cut some red tape BS and let it happen, we are just putting each other out of jobs. I would also say that some of what Obama is saying "sounds" good and I agree that it is about time the health care system gets cold cocked into doing what is right by the american people.

If you really wanna know what N E E D S controlled. It is the F'n law industry. Oh, you broke into my house and cut your hand so I pay, or you pulled got in an accident (no, a real accidnet) and now need 5mil for your pain and suffering???? How about if a doctor does his best to save your ass in the ER and does not give quite enough this and that, now your family is suing the doctor??? That stuff is getting ridiculous and it is driving up costs of everything, Insurance, food, business expenses, you name it. They get rich and nobody cares. I wanna hear stories of someone suing a lawyer.

I really never thought I would become so polled on politics but I guess as you get older, you start to observe more and see what is going wrong and right. Wanna make things better for car insurance, put a friggin CAP on what someone can collect for an accidnet. then you will not get near as many wolf hounds wanting to screw your own mom out of her own house for a legitimate accident.

disclaimer - My political views have nothing to do with our company or customer service...

B

A blog on a website is your current source of financial information? You're gonna have to do better than that.

Let me dig up that youtube video of Elvis working at McDonalds in Kalamazoo....that news should be bible.

I know about the housing market, sub prime rates, the ridiculous formula they used for making money that no one could understand and how that all crashed. You're not exactly reporting breaking news there G.

Just an FYI...I did some research...a LOT of research. GM and Chyrsler did not get TARP funds until they filed for Bankruptcy.

So your "first 25 billion from TARP" is wrong.

Click on that blog link and look at the second paragraph from the top...the one I quoted in my post, it gives you a direct link to the Washington post. Surly the Washington post is a good enough resource for you Dave. It yes the 25 billion DID come from TARP funds. Sorry to break it to you. If you think they came from somewhere else, please indulge us all and let us know where it was from?

Brandon,

You won't hear anyone say "things are all good" because people are still dyeing. But things have gotten DRAMTICALLY better. It has gotten to the point that my buddy was in Iraq with 1st Recon Battalion. Their deployment got cut 3 months short because of lack of activity. They came home in May, before that the last time they had a mission to leave the base was on New Years day. So, if a Reconnaissance Battalion is being cut short on a deployment, then things are not as much down the shitter as CNN likes to act.

BTW, I like your disclaimer lol.

Ok...Ok...I'll play this game.

Greg, I posted they received TARP funds after they filed for bankruptcy.

I went back and read your linked article to the Washington Post.

Again...link me up a story that proves they got TARP funds before GM or Chrysler declared bankruptcy.

Just an FYI...I did some research...a LOT of research. GM and Chyrsler did not get TARP funds until they filed for Bankruptcy.

So your "first 25 billion from TARP" is wrong.

Did you actually read what I posted here?

Their initial funding was not, I repeat...was NOT part of the TARP deal.

Once they filed, then they got TARP funds.

That was my point. Please go back and read my posts. I corrected myself. We were both partially right, partially wrong.

Who is arguing for argument's sake now?

Did you actually read what I posted here?

Their initial funding was not, I repeat...was NOT part of the TARP deal.

Once they filed, then they got TARP funds.

That was my point. Please go back and read my posts. I corrected myself. We were both partially right, partially wrong.

Who is arguing for argument's sake now?

I have yet to find anything that says they received any large amount of federal funds before their bankruptcy. I know of talks at one point that said they could receive several billion that would go to escrow and not to the company it's self but nothing that says they actually received large amounts of funds. The second link also talks about the 30 billion that Obama approved the week of the bankruptcy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/19/business/19auto.html

"In December, the Senate rejected a House passed auto bailout package using non-TARP funds. In lieu of authorization, the Bush administration used TARP money to provide a $13.4 billion bridge loan to GM and a $4 billion loan to Chrysler." (About halfway down page of second link)

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/Content/arti...px?RsrcID=49096