connecting rod rebuid

hey guys tor her all apart tonight and it seems to be running hot but anyway looks like a ring came off on the left side so i am going to do a total rebuild on it but the guys said that if i bore it i have to get a specical connecting rode my banshee is stock stroke so i should need one right and i only have about 300 bucks so do i have enough money to get it bored and get the pistons and rings sorry for no spaces guys i keep forgetting

hey guys tor her all apart tonight and it seems to be running hot but anyway looks like a ring came off on the left side so i am going to do a total rebuild on it but the guys said that if i bore it i have to get a specical connecting rode my banshee is stock stroke so i should need one right and i only have about 300 bucks so do i have enough money to get it bored and get the pistons and rings sorry for no spaces guys i keep forgetting

Fist off ditch the guy telling you all this crap. 2nd if you are on a budget carry the jugs to a machine and ask them if they would work like they are with a good honing. This is not the professional way but if you have a limited fund it may be the cheapest way for you. 3rd and i know i will catch heat here but get some pro x pistons (best bang for the buck) they are an oem supplier and I have had excellent service with them in stock to mild engines. 4th quit listening to this dude about a racing rod. If you rod has no vertical play it will be ok. I strongly sugest trying to find someone that actually works on engines to atleat look at it for you. Not the buddy. How bad did the jug get damaged? You should be able to get it bored and new pistons for 300.00

Fist off ditch the guy telling you all this crap. 2nd if you are on a budget carry the jugs to a machine and ask them if they would work like they are with a good honing. This is not the professional way but if you have a limited fund it may be the cheapest way for you. 3rd and i know i will catch heat here but get some pro x pistons (best bang for the buck) they are an oem supplier and I have had excellent service with them in stock to mild engines. 4th quit listening to this dude about a racing rod. If you rod has no vertical play it will be ok. I strongly sugest trying to find someone that actually works on engines to atleat look at it for you. Not the buddy. How bad did the jug get damaged? You should be able to get it bored and new pistons for 300.00

it didnt do to much just alittle strap not bad but the rirght side is the side the dam ass i bought it from he just honed it and it is kinda staped worst then the left so my best bet i think is just to bore them both and do the dam thing right instead of half assing it connecting rod are good on it but this guys is like u need a racing one im like wtf dude he is like it will break with bigger pistons will it break

and i think i will get wisco lol i can get them for around 185 i think maybe alittle less

First off I'm glad to hear you have it torn down. According to Clymers manual connecting rod small end free play is 0.36- 0.98 mm or 0.0142- 0.0386 inches. Just seen last post your "guy" is full of BS!! The amount that you are boring, is not enough to make a difference. Did you buy a Clymers manual yet?

yes guys i got that and i got it torn down this guys is pissing me off telling me that i need a bigger connecting rod becauet the stock on will break i should be able to get it together with some help of my dads buddy that had 4 banshees he said he would help me out so that is nice i just need to figure out how muhc it is to bore it around here and not to mention this guys that said alll this is like ya u can keep this things running u ride one day it will blow and then fix it for 2 days im like well if i do it right it will fucken run right lol

First off I'm glad to hear you have it torn down. According to Clymers manual connecting rod small end free play is 0.36- 0.98 mm or 0.0142- 0.0386 inches. Just seen last post your "guy" is full of BS!! The amount that you are boring, is not enough to make a difference. Did you buy a Clymers manual yet?

I think he may be better ditching the buddy. He is gone make you go broke. Told ya the folks on here will get you going just do what they say. They not gone steer you wrong and if somebody jumps in with something stupid they will cell em out. Glad you doing it right GET A CLYMERS

I think he may be better ditching the buddy. He is gone make you go broke. Told ya the folks on here will get you going just do what they say. They not gone steer you wrong and if somebody jumps in with something stupid they will cell em out. Glad you doing it right GET A CLYMERS

i got one now lol and it helped my parents no offennce becaue they havent ever read any of this stuff are like they are lieing to u im like look at all this information they have gave me already that i know now becaue of u guys and it makes me happy tah there is some good people in the dam world have the people try strewing u or something else u know

ditch the retard. you dont need diffrent rods at all........ to bore it out idk how much it will caust. but m&h pistons have really nice pistons for 95 bucks. comes with rings and everything you need. you will have extra cash if you got your cyls bored and the m&h pistons.... i think there better than wiseco's. there lighter and they have a boost port. listen to use we will suplie you with enough info to do a frame up rebuild if you wanted 2

ditch the retard. you dont need diffrent rods at all........ to bore it out idk how much it will caust. but m&h pistons have really nice pistons for 95 bucks. comes with rings and everything you need. you will have extra cash if you got your cyls bored and the m&h pistons.... i think there better than wiseco's. there lighter and they have a boost port. listen to use we will suplie you with enough info to do a frame up rebuild if you wanted 2

Ya I know I was like WTF I don't need differant rods but ya I'll see how much a bore is tommow

doesn't anyone on here spell check there posts anymore?!?!

top row, ABC with a check mark under it, you should try it sometime...

No shit! And some punctuation Yamahaman and you are forbidden from using the word "like"! Lol!

I don't know what kind of a buddy you have but needing a bigger rod because the piston is oversized is about equal to the logic that overboring a 2 stroke gives more displacement therefore must be more power. I think I would talk to your Dad's buddy with the banshees if you need help. Also, my vote for pistons is Wiseco if you have the cash. Also, good to hear your ending up doing both sides.

SP

No shit! And some punctuation Yamahaman and you are forbidden from using the word "like"! Lol!

I don't know what kind of a buddy you have but needing a bigger rod because the piston is oversized is about equal to the logic that overboring a 2 stroke gives more displacement therefore must be more power. I think I would talk to your Dad's buddy with the banshees if you need help. Also, my vote for pistons is Wiseco if you have the cash. Also, good to hear your ending up doing both sides.

SP

Yup this guy said boreing it 20 over then using the stock rod it will break

I'm glad to hear that you made the right choice. Now about the buddy, you need to tell this jackass to go f himself this kid dont know shit. Take a look around on this forum and just look at some of the bikes these guys own. What kinda ride does your buddy own? I'm willing to bet it aint shit compared to some of these guys thats been trying to help you. Just listen to the people here and take your time and dont do nothing without the clymers manual and you'll be golden. Just my .02.