stalling problem

I am having a problem hitting water holes hard. Never had this problem before but since I have been running these PTR pipes I cant hit water holes hard. If I ease into them and keep the revs up its fine but if I just fly into them it stalls out. After a bit of letting it idle and letting it "dry" out it will run fine again. Now the two things I have thought of are, I dont have the jetting just right and am fouling the plugs when I hit the water. ALso these are the older PTRs that dont run an exhaust gasket so water may be getting in through the exhaust flange and getting the plugs wet. :shrug: I have heard of banshees reving high when hitting water holes but am not sure whats going on here. I may have to put my 916s on but really wanted to keep them off the trail bike. One more thing no leaks before the cylinders and water isnt getting in the air box.

I am having a problem hitting water holes hard. Never had this problem before but since I have been running these PTR pipes I cant hit water holes hard. If I ease into them and keep the revs up its fine but if I just fly into them it stalls out. After a bit of letting it idle and letting it "dry" out it will run fine again. Now the two things I have thought of are, I dont have the jetting just right and am fouling the plugs when I hit the water. ALso these are the older PTRs that dont run an exhaust gasket so water may be getting in through the exhaust flange and getting the plugs wet. :shrug: I have heard of banshees reving high when hitting water holes but am not sure whats going on here. I may have to put my 916s on but really wanted to keep them off the trail bike. One more thing no leaks before the cylinders and water isnt getting in the air box.

Maybe your getting water on your plug wires causing them to short????

thats what i was going to say i noticed this year mine did the same thing looked down at the wires and it was shooting a spark down the side of the spark plug and hitting the nut you tighten them with. got a little shocked. check that out first. get some bulb grease or electrical grease and put in up in that cap.

thats what i was going to say i noticed this year mine did the same thing looked down at the wires and it was shooting a spark down the side of the spark plug and hitting the nut you tighten them with. got a little shocked. check that out first. get some bulb grease or electrical grease and put in up in that cap.

You could test for that by getting a spray bottle full of water and misting plugs and wires. If you do it in the dark you should be able to see the arc.

i dont think you are getting water in the exhaust flanges, if you got water in there you would most likely hydro lock. i say like the other guys said check it at night.....also you may not have a good seal on your stator cover, on most bikes etc the stator cover does not have a gasket, i was having the same kind of problem on one of my old bikes.... go through the stream/ water hole whatever and the bike would die.

I ended up just using some rtv silicon to make a gasket and i didnt have the problem again.

stator cover very well may be the cause. I dont have the stock gasket that goes there and never have but will seal it up and see what happens. I just know in the "drying" process the right side kicks in and out untill it is ready to rip again so that is why I was thinking off a plug/jetting issue. I may end up switching pipes or arbs anyhow though. I dont think these PTRs like the 30mms. It doesnt seem like they are using the full carb and are hitting redline before the carb is WOT.