i want to learn 2 port

bad 350 shee

Yes, read read read read, then when your done reading, read some more.

TONS of info on the internet. Someone cant really tell you how to do porting just over the internet, mabey some pointers but thats about it.

Yes, read read read read, then when your done reading, read some more.

TONS of info on the internet. Someone cant really tell you how to do porting just over the internet, mabey some pointers but thats about it.

think of the way water moves around shit.....you there....ok....now forget all of that!!!!!!

air has no mass almost....remember that. It has different characteristics when it is pulled and when it's pushed.....regardless it takes the shortest path out or in. Smoothing things out is what it's all about. no sharp edges or sharp turns. If you have even the slightest little change it makes a pressure wave or "eddy" that disrupts airflow and makes fuel droplets come back together. smoothing it out alfter taking the material away is where most of the gains come from. No need to make huge holes if your going to leave a sharp edge on the brows of the port windows. It will yield no gains practically

i've read tons and done a bunch of it...but I only consider myself on the "I think I understand" level it the grand scheme of things....Only now do I KNOW I can get more out of an engine. 10 yrs ago I was chickenshit to think I should go grind engine casings and cylinders to make power. what did I know....

Turbo banshee is correct it is all about the flow of air, i have never ported a banshee or bike head etc.

But i have been into the Nitro powered Radio control cars for almost 20 years, i have ported and polished quite a few nitro engines, and i can tell you what a difference!!!! The little nito engines are on the averange 2.5cc and averange 1hp at like 18-20k rpm. they are 2 stroke and have the typical power band and the typical clean out before it gets on the pipe. Well i wanted more power so i took the engine apart and got out the dremal tool and went to town, the first motor didnt make any difference the second i really took my time and thought about the flow. Well when i put it back together and fired it up of course i had to retune the carb because of the better air flow but once that was dialed in WOW. Stock it would take i would say 3 seconds to clean out and really get on the pipe, after the port polish work it was almost instant at least 1 second was taking off.almost zero load up from idle to power band. Just something to think about.

start off small before destroying a perfectly good jug/jugs. if you dont have acces to one of the nitro cars/trucks try on an old weed eater leaf blower etc all 2 strokes work on the same principal.

Old roost, we need to get together and have some beers. You and me got lots in common! I wanted to port my old 1.5 rustler and did like you, hogged the shit outta everything, to no avail. Took my time on the next one, and it runs as good as my 2.5 did! Porting is like voodoo. takes alot of practice to get the correct results. http://www.macdizzy.com/2stroke. start reading here.....

Old roost, we need to get together and have some beers. You and me got lots in common! I wanted to port my old 1.5 rustler and did like you, hogged the shit outta everything, to no avail. Took my time on the next one, and it runs as good as my 2.5 did! Porting is like voodoo. takes alot of practice to get the correct results. http://www.macdizzy.com/2stroke. start reading here.....

sounds good sinister boo!!!!!! yeah i really enjoy that stuff. it helps me relax. My next project after the banshee is a nitro powered rock crawler with a front mounted engine, every one says oh you have to go electric for the torq and throttle controll, I say bull shit LOL with a 20.1 transfer case that thing will idle up a wall LOL

not to thread jack, well, maybe a lil, but anyways, I have a axial ax10 crawler, and Im trying to figure out a gas engine for it. like a 4stroke plane engine, LOL damn, I did thread jack, but I also gave him my macdizzy link, which should teach anyone with half a brain how to port successfully. PM me so we can talk rc!

think of the way water moves around shit.....you there....ok....now forget all of that!!!!!!

air has no mass almost....remember that. It has different characteristics when it is pulled and when it's pushed.....regardless it takes the shortest path out or in. Smoothing things out is what it's all about. no sharp edges or sharp turns. If you have even the slightest little change it makes a pressure wave or "eddy" that disrupts airflow and makes fuel droplets come back together. smoothing it out alfter taking the material away is where most of the gains come from. No need to make huge holes if your going to leave a sharp edge on the brows of the port windows. It will yield no gains practically

i've read tons and done a bunch of it...but I only consider myself on the "I think I understand" level it the grand scheme of things....Only now do I KNOW I can get more out of an engine. 10 yrs ago I was chickenshit to think I should go grind engine casings and cylinders to make power. what did I know....

Wow, your back from the dead. Whats been happening man? lol, you finish setting up your shee with the turbo?