question guys

hey guys i have my base gasket for my left side and i have a compression tester now my ? is the right side is 125 compression and i cant do the left side because that is the side that is leaking so when i tear it apart how am i going to know if i need a top end if i cant check the comprssion on that side.....

becaue when i got it the guys i bought it from just put new piston in the right side not the left ?????

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should always replace both pistons, rings, and gaskets at the same time. If you do one side, and not the other, it'll never run as good as it could, and you'll be rebuilding it a lot sooner.

Ya that's what I said when I bought it I'm like your frickn supid and what do the tors look like

You asked him what the tors looked like? If your pulling apart that top end you better be getting that top end redone FULLY, before you bolt her back up. Thats just the right thing to do... if you want to half ass it just pull it off and put the gasket on... You'll have to do a comp test after its put back together.

You asked him what the tors looked like? If your pulling apart that top end you better be getting that top end redone FULLY, before you bolt her back up. Thats just the right thing to do... if you want to half ass it just pull it off and put the gasket on... You'll have to do a comp test after its put back together.

ya lol i so what do they look like are they the top of the carb thing that strews into the carb becasue on mine the retrard i bought it from striped the top of the carb

Dude you really need to get a clymers manual and listen to these people and fix your shit the right way. You have the baddest bike ever built so dont half ass it. If some dumb ass only replaced one piston thats crazy. But you need to rip it apart replace your base gasket and do a complete top end rebuild.