250r atc ?

If cases are split verically, no. Run a screw (or two) into seal and pull out with plyers. Be carefull not to run screws to deep into bearings.

If I recall, on the '84 250R I used to have, the cases are split in a horizantal fashion (opposite of a Banshee).

Do you have to split the crankcase to replace the seal?

Motor is a vertical split design and seals can easily be swapped without splitting the cases. Crank bearings require case split. Problem is many times the seals go out for a reason. ie, too much radial play or trashed crank bearing causing failure. inspect carefully.

Brandon

If I recall, on the '84 250R I used to have, the cases are split in a horizantal fashion (opposite of a Banshee).

That is correct, the case halves are left-side and right-side, not top-bottom like a banshee. :thumbsup: As far as I know, all the ATC/TRX case halves are left-right oriented (81-82, 83-84, 85-89).

EDIT: Just wanted to clear up the horizontal-vertical terminology...

That is correct, the case halves are left-side and right-side, not top-bottom like a banshee. :thumbsup: As far as I know, all the ATC/TRX case halves are left-right oriented (81-82, 83-84, 85-89).

EDIT: Just wanted to clear up the horizontal-vertical terminology...

I guess I refer to it as vertical because the split or line is in the vertical plane. Different ways of looking at it but ultimately the same. LH and RH halves sounds fine to me.. :biggrin:

B

I guess I refer to it as vertical because the split or line is in the vertical plane. Different ways of looking at it but ultimately the same. LH and RH halves sounds fine to me.. :biggrin:

B

That's why I compared it to a Banshee.......... That way I didn't have 30 people wondering what I really meant by the several other ways I thought of explaining it. :biggrin: