Oversize Carbs. What Else To Buy.

bansh_88

I am about to buy Keihin 33mm PWKs and want to make sure that I order everything at the same time so that after the install, I can go out and ride. I believe with these carbs I would need a new cable, extra jets, adaptors from carbs to motor, and new air filters (or adaptors?). I currently have the stock TORS in place, and was wondering if I also need to purchase a TORS eliminator kit or can I just clip wires. I am looking to buy everything at the same time and wondering if I am forgetting anything. Also, does anyone know of an Ebay seller or online store whom is usually less expensive than others for carbs? Thanks in advance.

You will need a cable Motion pro part#01-0813 or equivelant, a set of intakes for the 33-35 carbs and a set of filters or airbox adaptors. You don't need a TORS eliminator kit, you will just unplug the TORS box and can remove the wires from your harness if you like.

For an intake get one that is billit aluminum with a built in crossover tube. They are thick and have a different angel. That way it moves the carbs up and back so the left carb bowl doesn't hit on the clutch arm.

I run a boss intake with 10 deg angled pod filers with my pwk33's.

When I got my carbs I bought everything from jeff at fast. He was the cheapest. He will have everything you need. Intake, filters, jets, needles, ez pull slide springs, carb sync.

What modds do you have done.

150-160 mains

45-48 pilots

CEL needles

Is this your first modification? If yes, adding carbs are about fourth or fifth in the list of Banshee mods. Pipes are prolly first, a cool type head for more compression, second. Then advance the timing, and better reed cages. You can port your stock reed cages or get V-force. Put pods on the stock carbs. Then port the jugs and with that are the pipes able to handle the air flow. So now maybe CPI's or Rocket's or Sheer. With the porting and pipes now you need bigger carbs.

Ok stop for a second and look at the Banshee engine. If you put after market pipes on it, you will move air out of it better. But wait go back to the carbs. They will move more air than the stock reeds, then the stock reed will move more air than the stock transfers can. So improving the pipes and the compreson on a stock motor will help it a lot. But throwing a bigger set of carbs on could cause a bog when cracking open the throttle because of the bottle neck at the reed and the ports. Is a combination of things that make more power. Not just bigger making more.

That prolly wasn't even what you were asking about. I better quit thinking and go to work. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for the input. As for mods, they are: .020 over-bore, MX Port, and going to get t5 exhaust. I am starting to think about Oko 30mm carbs as I have been hearing great things about them and the price is great. There was an ebayer selling them as 2 carbs titled "banshee set", but I do not see this seller with any more for sale. I did find a seller selling Oko 30mm as single units. This may be a dumb question, but I can just buy two of those single units, and a banshee throttle cable, and that will be the same as the so-called "banshee kits", correct? Thanks.