Im an idiot with to much money.

Ok, let's start from the begining. I bought a 2003 shee that had no compresion and was supposedly just rebiult and then stored. I was hopeing the rings were just stuck but I found out that they just ran it with no oil mixed and.. well you know. So I figured anything worth rebuiding is worth over building so I decided to build something I can't handle. So we bored it out .65 over and had the ports ported and polished. Now I need an exahust and new carbs. I also have trouble starting it the choke isnt enough i have to take the k&N air fillter off and hold my hand on it for a choke, I hope new carbs fix this. Any othe good mod ideas for the ultimate trail bike would be apriceated.

PS. I want to leave all my buddies on there trx450r's in the dust.

Did you rejet for the mods. Stock carbs are fine on a ported motor.

No I havent changed anything Im not sure if the carbs are 100% stock or not but I assume that larger carbs would be better proformance than just modifing the stockers. I also figure the k&N air fillters are wasted without letting the bike breath through the exhaust but if Im wrong let me know. I just want a lot more low end torque. I figure I will regear the bike as well if anyone has experiance with this.

You want something fast and reliable as hell? Give andy at M&M atv (mmatvonline.com) a call. Tell him you want a set of 68mm dune ported cub cylinders with a cool head for a stock stroke :evil: , should bump you up to a 397 if im not mistaken. Shouldnt run you no more than 1500, no prob if you have money like u say..450rs in the dust baby.. Might have to invest in a +4 swinger though :cool:

who did the porting? IMO if money is no object just send your motor to a builder and have them do everything. In this hobby how fast you can go is all regulated by how much u wanna spend. if you do it yourself get some bigger carbs, cool head, and a timing plate. those are the esintals.

you need to rejet those carbs. your starving your motor. get some bigger jets and try it out. then do a plug chop. if you dont know what that is you need to search and read around some.

and i have a set of chrome FMF fatties for sale if ya need some pipes

Edited by tidos76

the too much money was just a joke. I meant I got what I thought was a cheep bike and already got more money than I wanted but I figure I will go ahead and dump some dough in it. I had a local guy do the bore and polish and just a friend but a professional. I didnt know if there was some kinda chart or formula to figure out what carbs for the bore and what pipes are best to add toqure at low rpms.

the too much money was just a cachy title to lure you in. srry.

If your looking for low end power, keep your stock carbs, put Pro Circuit Pipes on it(best low-mid pipe out there), bump the timing to +3 or +4, get a cool head with 20 cc domes. You'll be pushing the limit on 93 octane with the 20cc but with 19cc you'll have to go at least 100 octane.

Do that and you'll take everybody off the line, unless you're at the track.