tuning my cub

First off you need to be consistant on fuel and oil mix you use. Otherwise you're only chasing your tail. Don't bother changing gearing till you get it tuned. Read up on carb tuning here on forum. The higher strung a machine is the more it changes with the weather, you might want to take note of the weather when you're tuning. Loco's bro and Ieat4stroke both run 162 and you have 155 ,leaner. Make sure float level is correct. It's better to start FAT and have it blubber and foul plugs than burn it down.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really dont know of any good tuners around here. wish i did. i stayh consistent with my pre mix oil and mixture they just didnt have 111 this time so i got 100 didnt think it would make a big difference. but that makes since the more high strung my bike is the more tempermental it will be. honestly im kinda new to banshee's havent worked on them enough to know what it lacks or needs... i just know its toppin out or revving out too soon

I have 158 mains and 48 pilots in my cub, with CEL on 3rd clip and the airscrew 2 turns out.

I have seen them as low as 148 mains and 45 pilots to as high as 165 mains and 50 pilots.

Every bike will be different, and I found it is best to start with one circuit and work from there. I start with the pilot and airscrew, get it snappy off of idle. And of course before that, get the idle good. Might even have to change the idle after you play with pilots and airscrews. Then Take it for a ride and play with the needle if need be, then the mains last.

Plug chops are not a bad idea for a beginner with a new motor that they don't know what it is supposed to do...

what is your jetting now? you should really be at least a 162 main and 45 pilot.

its a 155 main. not sure on the air/fuel screw either should i try to start over on them screw em all the way in and try coming out with them or what? and its a bitch because i dont have any spare jets...

and REALTREE it isnt really snappy off idle like you said... sometimes if im runnin down the road higher gears but lower throtle ya know it almost sounds like the right cylinder comes into ''sync'' at alil later time than the other... :confused:

yes i guess you could say im a begginer to banshee's/2 strokes(4strokes got boring)... but not to riding at all. all it will take is for me to get my bike right and ill learn what does what on the way and then ill know from then on... so take me to school. i have jetted plenty of bikes before dont get me wrong but there is alot idk about banshee's. because i've never built one before. but thats why im hear to learn!,... thanks for bein patient with me and sheddin the knowledge on me lol :biggrin:

SHOULD i try more gas and more timing? i've heard cubs like timing... but that would lean it out, right? and if yal say it needs bigger carbs(more gas!), that my main jet seams to small. then should i try to go to a bigger jet and then if its too rich i could lean it out with adding timing, right? maybe thats what it needs??? then maybe the 16 tooth front sprocket might be right where it needs to be...

so... does anybody have some jets?? :biggrin:

yo, you need to bring that main up.. get at least a 162 in there. id start with a 48 pilot and air screw 1.5 turns out. you need to get a baseline before you do anything else. id set the timing at +4 or +7 and leave it. get your jetting right..

Preciate that man your right. whats the difference between at +4 and +7...? if it will run better at 7 thats what ill put it on. gotta see what pilot is in there still. no tellin what the air screws are at. what about the needle clip? i need some jets!!

Edited by POORBOY350

Not a clue what an EEK clips is like. I'd get some CEL needles if I were you. Either that or just the stock needle that comes in them. That's what most people run and could help you tune it. Otherwise ask around and figure out what the EEK needle is like and tune around that.

Not a clue what an EEK clips is like. I'd get some CEL needles if I were you. Either that or just the stock needle that comes in them. That's what most people run and could help you tune it. Otherwise ask around and figure out what the EEK needle is like and tune around that.

thats all it said on it i have no idea what that the diff needles are.