Blaster

bamaboybv

I have done so much to my Banshee, that I cant sink anymore money into it (Yea right) ...

anyways I decided to buy a Blaster and I am leaning towards making it an MX quad. What is a good engine/suspension gearing setup for a Blaster I'm new to them and haven't ridden one

Blasters are fun little bikes! My brother has one, and I still get a kick out of riding it. I don't think I would MX one, there are much much faster and better handling quads out there. If your bent on it, try the "Project Blaster" forums, they are pretty good and a ton of info there.

Can't go wrong with a ct sonic 240 kit and pluss 2 a arms. or you could get the older (96 ) model and hook it up liquid cooled by taking the internals out of the dt200 and throw a decent port job with a 4mil stroker set up.

• 2 months later...

Blasters are a lot of fun! I sold my old '01 to my brother and got the 'Shee now. It was completely stock and those things are so de-tuned it's crazy! I'd get a 14t front sprocket and swap out those balloons for some Razrs. You can swap a Banshee axle and hubs onto the blaster to make it wider and get some wider a-arms. Another thing a lot of Blaster guys do is put a 400ex or 250r shock on the rear and i've even seen Banshee shocks on the fronts. Get a K&N and a good pipe and some porting and/or a 240 kit and that thing will rip. Check out Project Blaster's store for all sorts of parts from exhaust to suspension. They have some pretty crazy MX and flat track blasters on there.

~Kyle

heres my sons blaster it has a plus 3 swinger axle trinity pipe carb and vforces and intake i also have some plus 2 a-arms with banshee ball joints so i can put banshee spindles and brakes on the front the rear already has raptor 350 brakes on the rear

post-28962-12550802686586.jpg

post-28962-12550803053873.jpg

• 4 months later...

I have a blaster and they are great . go to http://www.blasterforum.com/ for all the information you could ever want !! my blaster has burgard +2 +1 a arm, elkas up front, works rear shock , lsr axle , RAD axle carrier , uni filter , vforce 3s, 35 mm keihn , kennedy powersports trail port and kennedy powersports machined head , shearer exhaust . it runs great !!! obviously you would want a race port for mx and maybee a diff pipe. hoped i helped btw everyone this is my first post on this site i go by the same name on blaster forums . i plan on getting a shee this year . :cheers:

Blasters are great bike for what they are, my wife's first quad was one and now my kid rides on. When we had my wife's Blaster we had a PT hi rev pipe on it, a cut head, a K&N filter and a +2 in. swingarm. Her father had a bone stock Banshee at the same time and would much rather ride her Blaster than his Banshee, it was just much funner to throw around and do shit on. Don't get me wrong, my Banshee was the preferred ride, but her modded Blaster was more fun and in some places more capable(probably because of the lighter weight), than his stock Banshee.

• 4 weeks later...