thinking about alky

Jeff @ FAST said I need to put this motor on alky, gotta chance to get some 34 pj's already set up......what else would i need besides alky domes? Im clueless about alky and how to set it up, what about lectrons, I heard they are way easier to dial in, a few guys i run with run em and swear by em.....

I think I would swap out those T5's for a pair of CPI or Shearers before I would run alky with T5's.

The thing with keihins is you have to drill the dump tube / passage that the needle goes through the carb body. The passage is non replacable. So if some one drilled the tubes to big for your setup your left with some one elses junk. If I was going to run alky keihins they would be PWK's and I would have them convered buy the builder that ported the engine.

ever figure out what the knocking noise was?

josh

Yea I'm workin on the pipes now. Trying to trade em off for some cpi's in the swap section. As far as the knock I am clueless. I have let several people listen to it and say it's normal 2 stroke noise. But I know it didn't do it when it was stock. I have tore top end and clutch side down and went through it all. No marks on domes on rods or nothing. So nothing hitting that I can see. I think I'm going to send crank off and make sure it's true and if so I'm just gonna run it. It runs damn strong. I don't know.

I've copied and pasted some info I've given in the past:

If you choose to convert your carbs, sending them to someone else is not necessary.

Drill that main and dump tube out to 0.120'' but not bigger than 0.125''. You'll have to run a bigger pilot jet also. I run 0.125 on my 4 mil and 0.120 on the stock stroke Cub. Make sure you have egn needles. You just have to tune with the powerjet. Start with it all the way out, and turn them in at about 1/8th at a time until it clears out, and I'd just leave it there. It'll still be rich, but safe. Use either b9es, br9es, or br9egv plugs. (basicly any "9" plug). Make sure you have a pingel and your gas cap drilled out...and increase your timing to 7 or 9..some run more timing than that.Don't forget to purge..and check your plugs often. With alky, black porcelain is bad, indicating too much heat.

I drilled mine myself. i have 34 pjs i went with a 120dump 118 main and a 58 pilot. I dont have power jets or oversized bowls. i dont run more than 300ft. If i were you and you could get a deal on the 34s i get them and keep your gas carbs incase you dont like messing with the alky. I just went to it like a month ago and wont go back to gas, alky is so much cheaper and you get more power.