Elka Rear linkage

Ruko

Hey guys I am looking at getting a new rear shock. Planning to go Elka to match my fronts but not sure about the linkage. I'm sure the rear shock on it's own would be awesome so is it worth the extra $500.00 to get the linkage as well??

i know a place that sells the dualrate elka with rezzie and with the linkage for $850

Really?? they are $1200 on e-bay... Where can you get them for $850?? I would take one for sure.

Hmmm after looking at it more closely I think the one for $850.00 is just the shock and not linkage... it says the linkage is optional... It is not very clear the way they have their options set up. I sent them an e-mail to clarify.

Got an e-mail back from HSD... $850 is for the shock only, shock and linkage is $1400 :down:

Yeah that's how i read it (in the options) also. :ermm:

Yeah theres no way in hell an Elka shock and linkage is 850! no way! I payed 500 for the linkage and 850 for the rear LT Elite wich was a good deal but thats a hookup, usualy its 535 for the linkage and 850 for the rear shock that matches the linkage with comp/rebound only then the Elite is 1300 alone.

The linkage is great and it allows you to convert to long travel in the rear for a higher ground clearence wich is huge for any Banshee and it doesnt buck as it would without the linkage if you run your rear end into a big rut, it just soaks it up instead of lifting the whole rearend up when your manuvering in and out of technical unkept ground. I have my shocks valved for professional XC Racing I can truley say the linkage makes a huge diffrence over just a shock on stock linkage. Even though it doesnt look like a huge diffrence when you mount Elkas linkage to replace your stock linkage it does.

I have the std travel fronts and the rear LT setup and it works out to be a perfect combo.