no lights burnt up stator?

ok so i recently rebuilt my quad got obut 5 rides on the new top end i went to +4 timing with a RS timing plate and stock stator. first fired it up i had no lights 2 wires were reverse. rode it at night they worked fine. the other night i went for a night ride lights didnt work for shit. the quad runs mint but no lights. checked all wires all had connection made a complete circuit. pulled the fly wheel off had a drip of water and one of the coil things on the stator looked melted and burnt only one tho. anyone have this problem?????

Your going to have to check the resisitances of the coil per the Clymer manual.

If I had to take a guess I would say; There are 2 coils inside the one, there is a charging coil(for spark) and a lighting coil(for lights). My guess would be is that the lighting coil is burnt out and you would need a new stator. From experience the lighting coil goes before the charging coil. Now your going to have to check the resistance to be sure, but your probably going to need a new stator, and make sure the stator gasket and stator cover are sealing up good too.

yea someone told me bout there stators im stayin away i had the timing plate so i threw it on for the hell of it i got a stock stator lined up thanks tho

Check the resistance first!!! An ohm meter is 10 bucks versus whatever a stator is going for. Make sure you buy the ststaor with the right plug ends if you do go that route.

had a bad problem with this as well. might be a different one compared to yours though. the yellow wire from the harness to the stator was rubbing up against the exhaust stinger and melted so it would short out. workd fine one minute then the next they stopped. thaught i blew my stator.