421 jetting i aready ran it lean and

steven

well i got a 421 cheetah cub with 35mm pwk's, p/d cool head with 22cc domes, T5's, stock reeds, +4 timing, and 115 long rod.my jetting is at 170 mains and 58 pilots with air screw 1 an 1/2 turns out. at sea level. i ran my bike in pismo this weekend and blew my right piston. my nickelsill looked good and had NO nail catchers. the only thing wrong was a thin film of aluminum left behind by the piston. at the time i was running the bike on 87 pump fuel. i know it was a DUMB ASS IDEA!!! but i changed both pistons out there. then i used a 50 50 mix of 87 and C12 race fuel. now it backfires in first gear when i punch it.and the rest of the gears have power but its not all there. im still running lean and have tried bumping up on the mains but its not making a difference. i need help. and if you have a similar set up can you tell me what jetting your running and your elevation. and what you think of my gas mixture. all advice will be greatly APPRECIATED! THANKS

well i got a 421 cheetah cub with 35mm pwk's, p/d cool head with 22cc domes, T5's, stock reeds, +4 timing, and 115 long rod.my jetting is at 170 mains and 58 pilots with air screw 1 an 1/2 turns out. at sea level. i ran my bike in pismo this weekend and blew my right piston. my nickelsill looked good and had NO nail catchers. the only thing wrong was a thin film of aluminum left behind by the piston. at the time i was running the bike on 87 pump fuel. i know it was a DUMB ASS IDEA!!! but i changed both pistons out there. then i used a 50 50 mix of 87 and C12 race fuel. now it backfires in first gear when i punch it.and the rest of the gears have power but its not all there. im still running lean and have tried bumping up on the mains but its not making a difference. i need help. and if you have a similar set up can you tell me what jetting your running and your elevation. and what you think of my gas mixture. all advice will be greatly APPRECIATED! THANKS

I don't think you blew your bike from being lean, you were probably detonating. With a 68mm bore and 22cc domes you were running way to low on your octane.You should be mixing 93 octane with race fuel.Your jetting on that set up should be around 155 on the main and 55 pilot jet with a cel needle. What do your plugs look like?

I don't think you blew your bike from being lean, you were probably detonating. With a 68mm bore and 22cc domes you were running way to low on your octane.You should be mixing 93 octane with race fuel.Your jetting on that set up should be around 155 on the main and 55 pilot jet with a cel needle. What do your plugs look like?

yeah i dont think you were lean at all...i think you had an airleek....when i had my cub on gas i was running 155mains 55 pilots with a cel needle and it seem perfect...i also run pismo and glamis...and dont ever run cheap gas on a race motor i dont care what your compression says with a set up like that you should be running atleast 100 octane even with 22cc domes..imo

yeah i dont think you were lean at all...i think you had an airleek....when i had my cub on gas i was running 155mains 55 pilots with a cel needle and it seem perfect...i also run pismo and glamis...and dont ever run cheap gas on a race motor i dont care what your compression says with a set up like that you should be running atleast 100 octane even with 22cc domes..imo

thanks bada ill check if i got an airleek.

Have you run a compression check on the motor. And a leak down. If your plugs are grey your lean, either from not enough jetting or an air leak. On all new motors always always do a leak down or your asking for trouble. Check the compression and get it to pass a leakdown and let us know.