LEAKING CRANK SEAL ONLY EFFECT IDLE ?

OK, this thing won't run for shit at idle and, well I checked the head and its torqued so I don't think its leaking, the jetting is the same as when it ran spot on. Before I go spend some money on building a leakdown tester, what are the symptoms of a bad lower end seal so I know if i'm lookin in the right direction. the seals are brand new, but hey, I'm just another stupin f****ng amatuer.

k.... so I noticed the left side makin a lil more smoke first, so if it was goin lean it would of idled a lil bit higher right?????

It would make the left side rev a little higher, but there would be noticeably less smoke on the left, and/or noticeably more on the right.

My guess would be it is not crank seals. I would think you have an issue with the carbs. Maybe you have swapped the carb bowls (they are unique), you have forgotton the balance tube, didnt synch the carb, the floats are adjusted incorrectly, there is a bad fuel valve, mains/pilots don't match etc etc.

Also, have you checked compression?