What Clutch to buy 70hp

Loc

I am going to be getting my motor back from the builder soon. He is stating that it will make between 67-70hp. I am sure my stock clutch will not hold so I am going ot upgrade. What is the best bang for the buck clutch.

I had the same problem. I decided to go with a Vito's style undercover lockup. It was only $220. A good clutch set up is around $100 but i didnt want to deal with 6hd springs. I did that last year and the clutch pull was a PITA! So now with this lockup and 3 hd/3 regular springs, it has a very nice clutch pull and doesnt slip one bit. I'm even using the same clutches from last year that couldnt hold the power at all. I guess the vito's lockup really puts a strong bind on the plates. Only draw back to slingshot in general is you have to tip the bike over to install and/or remove the cover that goes over the ball bearings.

http://vitosperformance.com/atv_parts/prod...=184&page=1

Some people say that banshee with lockups are very hard to shift w/o an override. I have an override so i dont have that issue. Others might wanna chime in. I'd hate to recommend a lockup then you cant shift the thing.

Edited by RagunCajun

I have owned 10 banshees and still own my grizzly. I am new to building Banshee's and was just curious if there is something new out there that might be better that what is currently being used. Not trying to start anything just asking and learning. I dont have to prove a damn thing to any of you. I really like this website because the amount of knowdelge that I gain from it. It is to bad there are always a couple people that start things.

If I wanted stupid comments I would start a post that is titled "A$$holes Post Here"

If you dont want to answer the question I have asked then dont. Please dont waste any more of your life posting comments that dont belong.

I give up. I am not going to go down this road. MODS please delete the entire post. I will go back to searching everything and not posting.

The thing that gets me is that everything posted on this forum has been covered at one point in time. So there should never be a new topics. When a person creats a new topic it is because they are looking for new information. Not everyone was able to post in the previous topics so they didn't get the opinion from everyone. Maybe just maybe someone else has a different type of cluthc that has worked well for them that is not listed.

The people who sit at home and wait for someone to post a topic that has been covered just so they can say "try a search, it has been covered" are the real problem with a forum.

Just my opinion.

I see you point...and I understand.

But at a certain point members, all of them, can get tired of posting the same thing over and over again as well...so, you might not get all the help or advice you'd like.

Enter the search...and there's plenty of info there...

All I'm sayin...

i think i posted it fouledout hahaha, but to my bro's rescue because ive had the same probs as you with some of the "try the search responces"........people not posting what worked and no follow-ups with fixes etc makes the search USELESS unless

1) Someone ACTUALLY posts what fixes thier problem

2) Stop posting irrelevant off topic info in other ppl's threads

3) Just stop bein dick's period.....you were new at a time. you have to learn some how....and the search is a great tool if people do numbers 1 AND 2

I like the FAST clutch kit, havent tried anything else so I havent nothing to compare it to, but since the install it works great and bites hard. It should last a long time on your quad as well....