air shifter's

quadgod211

guys I need to know some info on air shifters......

i got the full lock up and dunable override and i figured it would be nice to just shift with the push of a button....

but which are banshee guys running....air over air or electric shifter like solenoids????

i dont want one's with shift interrupt or nothing like that....just need something to move the shifter.......

it would have to pull up wouldn't it instead of pushing the shifter down?????

or is this just a waste of time????and would it be more consistent????

Matt

Do some research before buying an air shifter. We run electric over air on our asphalt bikes but they're definetly not for everyone. It's not as simple as "pushing the button" as you put it. Under a load the gear pressure can't be overcome by the shift cylinder so it won't upshift unless you have a cut tranny or kill the ignition.

There was one my my 16 mil when I bought it, but I took it off. Seems like a waste and extra weight to me. It pushed the back of the shifter down, and you could also shift without it if you chose to. It was strictly pneumatic, with no ignition interrupt or solenoids.

J-Madd has a problem. :biggrin:

Air shifters are GREAT! Just not on two strokes, and not on dirt/sand. This is the general consensus of info that I have gathered, anyway.

If you are really looking to run one. Call Dennis Packard. He runs them on most, if not all his big two-stroke bikes.

Edited by docjcwatson

i got a smooth wcr duneable trans so shifting should be effortless for the air shifter.....

id like to have an electric over air shifter...no ignition interrupt ...

tedder what do you run for electric and air...i ran a 12v drill type battery for my nos,that should work there but what for a air tank?

j-madd what are you gonna do with yours????

matt

Edited by quadgod211

tedder what do you run for electric and air...i ran a 12v drill type battery for my nos,that should work there but what for a air tank?

We've got 12v batteries on board for ignition and shift solinoid power and #1 bottles for the air shifter tank. Smaller paintball gun cylinders work fine also.

i got a smooth wcr duneable trans so shifting should be effortless for the air shifter.....

id like to have an electric over air shifter...no ignition interrupt ...

j-madd what are you gonna do with yours????

matt

I don't need it. Its a pingel I think. I have a bad problem of not selling anything, even if I don't need it or use it anymore, but I may get rid of this. Make me an offer.

I'd have to look at it again to be sure it is a Pingel. There are no "Pingel" logos on it. However, it comes with the bottle, bottle mounting bracket, lines, shift cylinder, pressure gauge, and thumb button. You would have to make brackets to mount it, and weld a piece of flat metal on the rear of your shift lever so that the shift cylinder can push it down to shift the lever up.