.40 over cylinders

gotta chance to buy some drag ported by FAST 4 mill stock cylinders for a decent price, he said they are .40 over.....how much life is left in them? bores? etc?

You mean .04 which is a 65 mm they go to .10 which is 66.5 mm. Stock is 64mm.

here are the bore sizes.....

64mm (stock)

64.25mm (.010" over)

64.5mm (.020" over)

64.75mm (.030" over)

65mm (.040" over)

65.25mm (.050" over)

65.5mm (.060" over)

65.75mm (.070" over)------****I DON'T BELIEVE WISECO MAKES THIS SIZE PISTON****

66mm (.080" over)

66.25mm (.090" over)

66.5mm (.100" over)

so, you have a good 9 sizes of overbore that you can go up to from stock. your cylinders should last a long time.

once OEM sleeves are bored to the max, you can have the cylinders re-sleeved, to bring the cylinder bore size back to 64mm and then you can start all over again.

Edited by mopar1rules

here are the bore sizes.....

64mm (stock)

64.25mm (.010" over)

64.5mm (.020" over)

64.75mm (.030" over)

65mm (.040" over)

65.25mm (.050" over)

65.5mm (.060" over)

65.75mm (.070" over)------****I DON'T BELIEVE WISECO MAKES THIS SIZE PISTON****

66mm (.080" over)

66.25mm (.090" over)

66.5mm (.100" over)

so, you have a good 9 sizes of overbore that you can go up to from stock. your cylinders should last a long time.

once OEM sleeves are bored to the max, you can have the cylinders re-sleeved, to bring the cylinder bore size back to 64mm and then you can start all over again.

that's what I was thinking. But if u resleve you have to report correct? The sleves I mean.

yes you would have to open up the chambers in the sleeve to accomidate the port in your jugs if you did a resleeve. i wouldnt be too worried about anything along those lines now. those jugs should last a long time unless you dont take care of the bike. my bike just went 7 years on a bore.

damn. 7. Yrs ?? What's ur secret??

yea, i got 6 years out of my last topend. it was still running strong when i tore it down to build the cub.. like stated, use good oil, keep it jetted correctly, KEEP THE FILTER CLEAN, and let it warm up before ripping on it.. oh, and when, or if, you ever need to resleeve your cylinders, you wil find it cheaper to buy another set of cylinders rather than paying to have them sleeved.

yea, i got 6 years out of my last topend. it was still running strong when i tore it down to build the cub.. like stated, use good oil, keep it jetted correctly, KEEP THE FILTER CLEAN, and let it warm up before ripping on it.. oh, and when, or if, you ever need to resleeve your cylinders, you wil find it cheaper to buy another set of cylinders rather than paying to have them sleeved.

it will be cheaper, but i find it harder to find some good used cylinders, that aren't bored to at least .060" over already and then those will even require a new bore sometimes, as well as if you resleeve your original cylinders, then you know what you have in the end. if you can find good used cylinders for a good price, and they aren't bored much over stock, then i would scoop them up.