tors

its a throttle override system to prevent sticking open. it also happens to clutter up the top of the engine bay. i removed mine last weekend, including the electrical wiring and it makes things way easier to tune your bike. i never had problems with the TORS but for sure, some guys have. i paid the $$$ for the motion pro kit and i'm glad i did. pulling the carbs for maintenance and repair is much easier now. if you ride in wet areas, then you may want to leave the tors intact (i personally still wouldn't) due to how the carbs respond to water....i've never had my banshee stick open on me....but then again, i havent been on a trail yet since i did the removal.

All i ride is trails and open fields. No sand here really. I was just trying to say that you're more likely to find open water on a trail (at least the trails i ride), than in sand. Lots of guys have troubles with throttles sticking when their carbs get wet. In theory, the TORS is designed to prevent that. Like i said, i do 90% trail riding, and my TORS is gone. I also switched to pods so i am a little more concerned about water and the carb intakes now than i was when i had the full airbox. I switched more for the maintenance benefits, than the performance gains.