look at these plugs

Im at sa level, 18cc domes, MY compression guage is reading 150 psi on a drag port. Someone told me this was pprobally wrong and i was at least at 170-175ish on my fresh bore. Well i was told to run race gas and bump my timing up to +7 for 300ft drags, I took her for a rip down the road today after i got my clutches in and ran it wide open to 6th cut it off and coasted to a stop pulled the plugs and found this, electrode tip is a light brown, grey......but the porcelin has a red tinge to it???!!! wtf is it running hot? preignitiing what?

also im running 35 pwks, 115 octane fuel, 50 pilot and 162 mains @ sea level, needle on 2nd position from top..... am i lean on my main?

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

I would say it is from the premix or the color of the fuel. Mine turn a rusty red when running race fuel to.

thanks bro, yea the gas is purple, i figured that might play a role but i wanted to b sure, does jetting change when running race gas though? i was spot on with 93, now im running oxygenated 115..... but thats exactly what mine look like a rusty red just on the porcelin part. Plus im running it straight, not mixed with pump at 40:1

Cant see the pics very well.

But how about you cut the damn threads off so we can see how big or small the brown ring is on brand new plugs after doing a proper plug CHOP not check.

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/plugchop.html

DO IT!!! :evil:

I completely agree with snopczynski,

I run 50/50 race fuel and my plugs are white as shit, look like my motor should have blow up hours ago, but I run it, balls to the wall, all day, feels great, pulls hard and pistons look good, and plugs are white as a ghost.

go by feel of the bike, I found the chop to be useless to me. my jetting was rich and plug chop said MOTOR=BOOM.

not the case.

if the bike pulls hard, feels good, no loss of power or hesitation, your on, plug chop was the way of the 80's to check.

with the advent of better fuels, plugs, oil and parts, you need to get as close as you can with what you have added by manufacturer recommendations and tune by feel after that.

hope you speak 2 stroke dialog so you understand what your motor is trying to tell you.