question about the front tires

so i have been riding my shee alot more lately and i realized that when i hit a rock or a log or something, or turn sharp going down a hill, my front tires tend to lock on me. and what i mean by that is the tire turns 90 degrees so that it runs parallel with the a arms. the is really starting to bug me and has caused me to wreck twice already. has anybody else experienced this problem and what can i do to stop it? i looked at the whole front end and nothing looks broken, messed up, etc. can you guys help?

its fine when im riding its just when i turn sharp on a hill or hit a rock or a stump/ log etc. it turns the wheels and bars all the way to the left or right and then that tire will just go further and lock up against the a arm

the easiest way i can explain it without pics (dont have camera) is if you are sitting on the quad and you hit something with your left tire it looks like this -- while the right tire is turned \ like that. sorry but if i had a camera it would make explaining this much easier

I had the same problem. quickest way to fix that problem i found was to shorten the tie rods a couple threads. If you look at your stearing stem knuckle you will prob see powder coat missing from the stearing stop tab.

Edited by KhromeShee

that happend to my shee. caused me to roll it and break my clutch perch, but it only did it on the right side. not both like your saying. i found out where mine was Getting "stuck" , it was at the very end of the tierod where the castle nut is. the nut was hitting the a arm so i just got my whizzzz wheel out and took off some material. havent flipped since :biggrin:

mine was real bad for that when i had the wide offset front rims that came with it, 3" out 2" in. i did the wheel flip mod to change them to the factory offset and the problem was solved. it was terrible in the sand with the wide offset.

My brother had the same problem on his shee. He wrecked three times in one day before we realized the problem. His steering stop thing at the bottom of the steering stem was bent out more that it was supposed to be and that cause his wheels to turn more after they were done turning with the bars. His wheels would go perpendicular to his a-arms when he hit something or tried turning in mud. Try hitting your steering stem tab in a little and see if that fixes the problem. (my brother also has off set wheels and we didnt have to change his)

to be honest i think it is something in the steering stem because my tire rods and tie rod ends are fine. next week when i tear it apart to put a new cluth cover gasket in and some other goodies ill take a look at it. thanks guys for the help and ill keep yous posted.

speaking about the steering stem, is it normal for it at the bottom where it connects to the tie rods to move back and forth when steering? its not really a problem i just noticed it does this, because my raptor's steering stem doesnt

to be honest i think it is something in the steering stem because my tire rods and tie rod ends are fine. next week when i tear it apart to put a new cluth cover gasket in and some other goodies ill take a look at it. thanks guys for the help and ill keep yous posted.

speaking about the steering stem, is it normal for it at the bottom where it connects to the tie rods to move back and forth when steering? its not really a problem i just noticed it does this, because my raptor's steering stem doesnt

what do you mean moves back and forth, like the steering stem has free play? If so no it's not normal and you need to replace the lower bearing.