realibly

I think u shoud learn how to spell!

reliable

lol but they are a tough motor. Alot of people thnk because there 2 strokes they dont last long. SHit my uncles 2 stroke has lasted since 1993. only had one top end done and still he is at 110 psi on each cylinder. It jsut depends on what u do wiht it. drag racing u will probably need a new top end once a year. If u trail ride and jsut play on it. u shouldnt need them that much. Once every two years at most. but it would still be safe to get one every year. jsut depends on your bike.

reliable

lol but they are a tough motor. Alot of people thnk because there 2 strokes they dont last long. SHit my uncles 2 stroke has lasted since 1993. only had one top end done and still he is at 110 psi on each cylinder. It jsut depends on what u do wiht it. drag racing u will probably need a new top end once a year. If u trail ride and jsut play on it. u shouldnt need them that much. Once every two years at most. but it would still be safe to get one every year. jsut depends on your bike.

shit my banshee lost both of its k&n filters, sucked in some sand and still ran hard as shit! id say theyre a pretty reliable motor. lol

reliable

LOL I know I'm just sick of all my freinds saying that they suck because they all have 4 strokes but when u have to rebuild one of them it's hell of alot more then a shee and I would rather have a banshee then a raptor idk about u

Hey guys I'm sick of my dum ass friends saying banshees suck ain't realibly and they go threw pistons everyday I think they are pretty relaibly what do u guys think

I put 30 - 40 hours a year on my bike and have gone 4 seasons on my last motor. Only dropped 5 psi on a compression check over 4 seasons. Mostly just sunig and trail riding. I think most of the reliability of a banshee motor comes from proper maintenance and knowing your motor. Knowing when something is wrong such as jetting, air leaks, and being well put together for the power it makes. Welded crank and that kind of stuff.

SP

I put 30 - 40 hours a year on my bike and have gone 4 seasons on my last motor. Only dropped 5 psi on a compression check over 4 seasons. Mostly just sunig and trail riding. I think most of the reliability of a banshee motor comes from proper maintenance and knowing your motor. Knowing when something is wrong such as jetting, air leaks, and being well put together for the power it makes. Welded crank and that kind of stuff.

SP

Ya that is true what year is yours what pistons do u like mine has wisco is yours stock

YEs sir. the basnhee motor is reliable.

I forgot to put that in. As long as u keep care of your bike it will stay running. see people that go riding all day and everyday and then just put htere bike in the shed for 2 weeks and then just get her back out and rip her without ever cleaning her , now that will mess the motor up.

Just make sure u do the following all the time

Clean the air filter out ( i do it after every other ride)

Change spark plugs. ( most times if your banshee has some sort of power loss it jsut needs its plugs changed.)

clean out your carbs ( when you start to get boggy at idle to first and second)

keep gunk and shit off your carbs and make sure your boots are tightened good to keep that shit out of your carbs.

make sure u keep coolant in it.

YEs sir. the basnhee motor is reliable.

I forgot to put that in. As long as u keep care of your bike it will stay running. see people that go riding all day and everyday and then just put htere bike in the shed for 2 weeks and then just get her back out and rip her without ever cleaning her , now that will mess the motor up.

Just make sure u do the following all the time

Clean the air filter out ( i do it after every other ride)

Change spark plugs. ( most times if your banshee has some sort of power loss it jsut needs its plugs changed.)

clean out your carbs ( when you start to get boggy at idle to first and second)

keep gunk and shit off your carbs and make sure your boots are tightened good to keep that shit out of your carbs.

make sure u keep coolant in it.

Now what do u mean by not cleaning there machines like washing them or watever all my freinds are like they suck I'm like your raptor sucks it's never broke because u don't ride it hard and u barely ride it

my bike had 150 lbs compression when i bought it, rode it for almost 7 years and when i tore it down it still had 150 lbs compression. i only tore it down because the clip that holds my idler gear on wouldnt stay put cause the groove on the output shaft was broken off and my clutch basket has some slop in it...

i'd say thats a pretty reliable engine....

Ya that is true what year is yours what pistons do u like mine has wisco is yours stock

My last motor was a Trinity motor with Wiseco pistons. My current motor is a 4 mil with 795 series Wiseco pistons. One thing that is really hard on motors is when you start them and run the piss out of them without letting them warm up properly. The piston gets bigger faster then the sleeve. This really shortens the life of the top end. If your jetting is on the money you shouldn't go through plugs very often either. Maintenance and I even pressure test my motor once a year to make sure I don't have any air leaks.

SP

I think u shoud learn how to spell

Shouldn't be one to talk, :biggrin: you confused me on your last post. :yelrotflmao:

This is what iv'e learned from guys that say that shit.

1. They either have never owned or never really known someone who has.

2. Repeat shit that all the none banshee owners and 2 stroke hater say.

3. They have seen one banshee engine go and assume that they all suck, but never knew the history or the treatment of the banshee.

So that excludes them from all the BULLSHIT about a banshee

Edited by sandman81

my bike had 150 lbs compression when i bought it, rode it for almost 7 years and when i tore it down it still had 150 lbs compression. i only tore it down because the clip that holds my idler gear on wouldnt stay put cause the groove on the output shaft was broken off and my clutch basket has some slop in it...

i'd say thats a pretty reliable engine....

Ya I would

Say

all the reliability rumors come from people bolting shit on without a second thought about jetting. "OMG, you have to premix oil?!?! what is this foreign rocket science?" or using the left-over 10 gallons of premix from the fall. numerous dry starts, and a blatant disregard of jetting, as long as it moves