Backfiring into my carbs

Hi all,

I can't figure it out.

I popped a hole in my right piston, just recently, but the left suffered next to no damage... which I find strange cause at the time I had a 2 into 1.

Anyways, there wasn't any sign of damage to the cylinders, so I just honed them and bought a Wiseco 68mm piston kit off ebay and installed them.

When I started her up, the backfiring started on the right side.

I checked the time plate and fly wheel... everything seems fine there. The plugs are getting plenty of spark.

My vforce 3 reeds are shredded on the corners now!

I did a compression test and I'm only getting 50-60psi on both sides... this is strange cause I had 130-140psi before I popped the piston.

I noticed that my Dyna FS CDI switch fell off (maybe in the winter)... could a short in the CDI box cause the backfiring?

I put the dual carbs back on, but still backfiring.

I switched plug wires and the backfiring also switched (for a while)... now it seem that it's just the right side backfiring now.

Why would I be getting such low compression (the kit was actually 2 blaster pistons). Could the low compression cause the backfiring?

HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Graphichead

I also bet its the ricky stator...

The compression issue, do you have the right pistons in there, you said Blaster pistons?? Is this a stock stroke 68mm 110mm rod cub?? Is the blaster pistons the right ones?? I thought the blaster piston' dome differ from the 795 piston's dome??

I also bet its the ricky stator...

The compression issue, do you have the right pistons in there, you said Blaster pistons?? Is this a stock stroke 68mm 110mm rod cub?? Is the blaster pistons the right ones?? I thought the blaster piston' dome differ from the 795 piston's dome??

I was wondering about that as well. I thought a stock stroke big bore 68mm 110 rod banshee had to use a special piston, and that is why most people running the stock 110 rod ran a 65mm bore so they could just use regular banshee pistons.

Then if you had a long rod 115 crank 68mm bore cub you could run the blaster pistons.

The blaster pistons are shorter from the wrist pin hole to the top of the piston head, and have a flatter dome.

Ask trinity what pistons did they gave you the 1st time, did you check that the pistons came flat to the deck?? I think you have the wrong pistons in there, that explains your compression problem, and just replace the ricky stator and check for a airleak..

• 1 month later...

So, John at RJATV refunded my money for the wrong pistons... I ended up getting the proper pistons directly from Trinity.

BUT!!!! Long story short...

I get her all put back together, and my brother takes it out that night and forgets to mix the gas... I get home from work and my engine is seized ($%&^* I was mad).

Anyway, after 2-3 hours of getting the melted pistons out... I find the cylinder had cracked.. so I shipped it off to Lynn at LCPerformance (real good guy). I should be getting that back in a week or so.

Cracked the bottom case and found the Vito's crank was shot, so I just put is a less expensive wiseco crank (was going to go strocker, but can't afford it right now).

So, I've been without a Banshee for almost 3 months!!!! I have my Rap 660 in the garage, but that's not fun to ride compared to the cheetah cub. Nice in the trails though.

Hope get the Shee back together before the end of summer :-(

Oh yeah, Moto Tassinari warranted the V-force 3 reeds that melted... they sent me a brand new set of reeds and cages plus 2 sets of paddles.

Nghe

Edited by Graphichead