Im an IDIOT! Dropped bolt into intake port....

K guys, had the carbs and reeds off today, went to put the reeds back in(I put the screws back in there proper holes after I took the reeds out) and loosened the last screw out, only for it to slip out of my hand right into the cases!! What the hell do I do know? I am going to try and magnet or something tomorrow. Anyone else got any ideas? I don't want to have to completely strip this whole thing down to get this fuckin bolt...

Pull that cyl off and look down into the case and fish it out with a magnet.

I you cant see it or get it out that way, undo the bolts holding the motor into the frame and turn the motor upside down and shake it back and forth a shit ton till it falls out.

Better then splitting the cases to get it out.

Good luck bro and keep us updated.

Been there, done that... Make sure the magnet is "firmly" attached to something so you can get it back out, otherwise it will be firmly attached to a crank web when you "try" to pull it out... Worst case is remove the cylinders if the magnet trick doesn't work.

Been there, done that... Make sure the magnet is "firmly" attached to something so you can get it back out, otherwise it will be firmly attached to a crank web when you "try" to pull it out... Worst case is remove the cylinders if the magnet trick doesn't work.

Thanks for all the help guys! I'm going to go pick up a flexible magnet from Canadian Tire today and give her a go... ill keep ya updated as to how I get her out

stand it on the grab bar, should bring the bolt closer to the intake

i would try this option first, make sure the piston on the side you dropped the bolt into is at tdc then stand the bike on the grab bar and lean it back over center and shake it around. if you get it leaned back enough the bolt should fall back out....

since no one has said it... i guess i will for future readers.. to avoid this... always stuff rags or something in your intakes(or any openings) to keep foreign material out of the engine..

Funny thing is, I did that. I ended up taking the rag out to get at the last bolt because it was in my way, being the dumbass I am.

But anyways, got it out with a magnetic rod, just poked around till I found it. Dropped it a few times but I managed to get her out.

Thanks again for the help dudes.