first shee?

Good day every one, im new to the forum. And new to banshees. Thought, not new to 2 strokes :D.

Any who, here is my story. I currently have a 400ex wich moded right out. I finally got tired of it.. I need to move on to something that has more potencial and more power. hehee.. I ride mx track and do alot of access road riding (dirt road / bushish..) I found a 2001 banshee that has just been rebuilt with wiseco pistons new bearings and seals all around in the engine.. Now, the engine is currently out of it becaus the mechanic quit on the build (did not put it back into the frame). So the guy wants 2500 no lower for it. It has yfz a arms front elka (rebuilt) and the old ones, the elkas have been set for 195lb when I weigh 150. The frame has been powdercoted white back in 2004. The front and back bearings are in good condition thought the rear suspencion needs new bushings and a and it also needs a new disk break. The bike also has nerf bars and a full skid plate. I just checked the compression today and its at 115psi (cold). Two more questions when I kicking it over the kick start did not recoil back up is that normal? Finally, the guy said that the 2 bulbs were burnt out. He said that was becaus of over reving. I have never had such a problem. It sounds more to me like a bad regulator. Well, what do you guys think. I want to sell my 400ex and get this banshee and kick some ass. And perhaps in the future sell it and make some money. Good deal? How much would resale be? Thanks take it ez

Bracer Buechli

post-32777-1244651272_thumb.jpg

Good day every one, im new to the forum. And new to banshees. Thought, not new to 2 strokes :D.

Any who, here is my story. I currently have a 400ex wich moded right out. I finally got tired of it.. I need to move on to something that has more potencial and more power. hehee.. I ride mx track and do alot of access road riding (dirt road / bushish..) I found a 2001 banshee that has just been rebuilt with wiseco pistons new bearings and seals all around in the engine.. Now, the engine is currently out of it becaus the mechanic quit on the build (did not put it back into the frame). So the guy wants 2500 no lower for it. It has yfz a arms front elka (rebuilt) and the old ones, the elkas have been set for 195lb when I weigh 150. The frame has been powdercoted white back in 2004. The front and back bearings are in good condition thought the rear suspencion needs new bushings and a and it also needs a new disk break. The bike also has nerf bars and a full skid plate. I just checked the compression today and its at 115psi (cold). Two more questions when I kicking it over the kick start did not recoil back up is that normal? Finally, the guy said that the 2 bulbs were burnt out. He said that was becaus of over reving. I have never had such a problem. It sounds more to me like a bad regulator. Well, what do you guys think. I want to sell my 400ex and get this banshee and kick some ass. And perhaps in the future sell it and make some money. Good deal? How much would resale be? Thanks take it ez

Bracer Buechli

welcome the HQ :biggrin:

Bracer Buechli

needs work and for 2500 you can prably get one that looks great and runs great also with no probs!!!!

well around my area atleast you can get them in that condition for the money.

look around take your time you might be able to get a great deal

I think along the lines of these guys:

That Banshee still needs work and the guy wants that much for it.

He really hasnt proved it runs has he?

I would offer him $1,700 for it and leave it at that.

I see these bikes around here in Denver for 1800 on up to 2500 in great shape all the time.

You had better be sure on the engine deal. :ermm:

Edited by R. Rollins

I think along the lines of these guys:

That Banshee still needs work and the guy wants that much for it.

He really hasnt proved it runs has he?

I would offer him $1,700 for it and leave it at that.

I see these bikes around here in Denver for 1800 on up to 2500 in great shape all the time.

You had better be sure on the engine deal. :ermm:

Thanks for the greeting. Im alredy feeling at home. :D

Any who, thats insanely cheep for a banshee. All of you guys are from the states right? I saw a 1994 go for 3000$ then a meh shape 2000 go for 4000... Its almost worth taking a trip up to the states just to get one. WEW!

If you have time take a look at this sight its all banshees from my area http://sudbury.kijiji.ca/f-banshee-cars-ve...alAddressZfalse All shees with in 450km's they are all roughtly the same price.

idk what I should do now :-s.

Take it ez

There is a white Banshee on that Kajiji website that has a 1999 model for I believe it was 2,700. It is in really good condition.

I thought you were here in the states so that $2,700 Banshee may be a better deal that I saw on the website there.

I would at least check out the other options on local listings over say a months time before deciding on a project bike for that price.

Just my opinion though.....Good luck anyhow.

:cool:

There is a white Banshee on that Kajiji website that has a 1999 model for I believe it was 2,700. It is in really good condition.

I thought you were here in the states so that $2,700 Banshee may be a better deal that I saw on the website there.

I would at least check out the other options on local listings over say a months time before deciding on a project bike for that price.

Just my opinion though.....Good luck anyhow.

:cool:

Good stuf thanks for taking the time to look at the link. Any who, the shee is in pretty good condition, just this shee im looking at is pretty sexy, nice powder coted frame and stands out real good. Im looking for something that I can buy fix up a little and then sell it and make some profit. The shee is eye candy so if I buy it, it should sell fast once its running strong. Im just wondering what can go worng. Things I have checked: I made sure there was no play in the crank, connecting rod, bearings etc by moving the piston foward then moving it backwards manualy and looking into the exhaust port. I have seen all the rebuild parts or most of them, the compression is meh.. I would not minde getting a fiber optics sight to look into the cylinder and checking for scoores.. Next thing I should do is put it in gear and turn it manualy and see what happens.. I looked at the old plugs and they were not white so there should be no serious scorring. idk..

Keep it comming every one thanks. And feel free to throw questions at me.

OK:

Here is my last take on it:

Think about it....He supposedly rebuilt it and it only has 115 pounds of cold compression.

It sounds like he just put on a new piston without taking the jugs and having them machined to fit the piston....(But thats my opinion)

It also sounds like he didnt split the cases and fix the kickstart spring as he should have because he didnt really know how.

(again, just my opinion)....sort of a half assed attempt to do a top end overhaul.

Looks do not make up for a whole lotta work on the heart of the beast to get her up to snuff.

I would again look at that other one I saw on that website and get a good runner, detail it to the hilt and resell it.

It sounds like you are only out for a quick turnaround anyways so why waist alot of your time screwing with a project like that unless you would keep it for yourself.

Your heart will not be in it at all; so just get a good stock machine and do a quick turn around after dressing it up and make you some quick cash.

:biggrin:

Edited by R. Rollins

OK:

Think about it....He supposedly rebuilt it and it only has 115 pounds of cold compression.

It sounds like he just put on a new piston without taking the jugs and having them machined to fit the piston....(But thats my opinion)

It also sounds like he didnt split the cases and fix the kickstart spring as he should have because he didnt really know how.

(again, just my opinion)....sort of a half assed attempt to do a top end overhaul.

Looks do not make up for a whole lotta work on the heart of the beast to get her up to snuff.

I would again look at that other one I saw on that website and get a good runner, detail it to the hilt and resell it.

It sounds like you are only out for a quick turnaround anyways so why waist alot of your time screwing with a project like that unless you would keep it for yourself.

Your heart will not be in it at all; so just get a good stock machine and do a quick turn around after dressing it up and make you some quick cash.

couldnt have said it better.

also the headlights not working could be the stator out. i do know that they can still work even when the headlights dont work. and 115 psi isnt that great for a new top end. i just did one on mine and its at 125 with drag porting.

OK:

i agree man just get a stock machine, then buy lots of billet and some nice new shiny pipes, and it will sell fast.

i agree man just get a stock machine, then buy lots of billet and some nice new shiny pipes, and it will sell fast.

Well im not 100% sure if I will sell it. Its just I dont want to over pay for a shee then finde out its just not my style. And if the time comes when I need to sell it.. I rode it for a lil then i will be able to make some cash. Some one offered to trade me a right out moded banshee for my 400ex and I would have to pay extra cash... And I will for sure not do that... Becaus I want to put all those mods in the bike. I want to be able to say I did that.. I want to know it inside out. Then thats kinda why I want one that alredy looks good, painting and all that takes 2 long and its not me that does it any ways. ( strip then send it to get it powder coted)

But I understand what you guys are saying. I think ill just pass on it and put the engine back in it for him then fix that kick start and what ever else might be worng... Win win.. As for the lights once its running thats if it runs :P ill micro it.

Thanks