how easy to replace the clutch cushions?

my friend has a Banshee Moose Clutch Basket Hinson and he said there is some play between the basket and the driven gear. do the cushions need to be replaced and/or how hard is it to replace these on this setup? is this a good setup i was thinking about getting one of these after market baskets. my cylinders cleaned up at 65.25mm should i get an aftermarket basket?

thanks

mike

What is a moose clutch basket hinson? It's not that hard to replace the cushions but cushions just don't go out. If you want to change them remove the clutch assembly and inner clutch up. Take off the 32mm nut that holds the outer hub and on a aftermarket clutch basket remove the bolts on the backside and replace the cushions and reverse the process.

What is a moose clutch basket hinson?

I think he is saying Moose clutch with a Hinson basket...

Hinson sells a cushion kit that is very inexpensive. Make sure the back plate is not warped, for I have seen that happen before. As mentioned above, it is a very easy fix. Make sure to use loctite on the back plate screws...

but cushions just don't go out.

if they dont just go out, and if the play between the basket and the gear isnt(might not be) the cushions then what do you guys think it might be? if its not the cushions.

Thanks Again

Mike