banshee leaking coolant

casey

well, yesterday i took it out to a sand pit near my house .. ran good.. i stoped after riding 25 min and checked it and it was leaking coolant .. i so shut it down and waited a little and tlaked to my friend about it and then we started riding and after about 30 min i checked it .. NO LEAKS :biggrin: soo we kept riding and then went to some woods trails and ripped around through those.. after a total of about 2 and a half to three hours of riding it didnt leak again... and then today i took it out and rode it hard for 30 min and it didnt leak again either .. so i am very happyyy :cool:

ya tongiht i wamred my up and go to take off and guss what my clutch wire breaks so i have to get another one of those and then i got to ride it for about 5 min hard and then it broke so i shut it off and checked the raditor and it was full so idk and someone said on this forum that the head coudl be lose after doing a top end job ushouild check the bolts after about 2 or rides make sure they didnt losen they said that they can

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks man ya then the other night my fricken clutch cable breaks so i have to get a new one

ya well mine now is doing the opposeit i top the radior off and the resovor is amost empty i rode it about 2 miles come back home and let it cool and the raditro is empy and the reovior is full to the top dont smoke

• 1 year later...

i took my cap of cold..yea i rele dont know .. its nto like it pours out non stop its just will drip every now and then when i come to a stop i can see it smoke and then it will stop and do it again a little later .. im thinking about switching over to dexcool like akheathen .. thats orange right? and i recently redid my carbs .. but i didnt change the jets .. all i did was replace the needles, seats, and gaskets gaskets becasue before they were leaking.

[/quot My 2005 BANSHEE Does the same thing its not like it pours out non stop its just will drip every now and then when i come to a stop i can see it smoke and then it will stop and do it again a little later I Was also wonder if they were a problem with My BANSHEE or this is normal.

My 2005 BANSHEE Does the same thing its not like it pours out non stop its just will drip every now and then when i come to a stop i can see it smoke and then it will stop and do it again a little later I Was also wonder if they were a problem with My BANSHEE or this is normal.

The hoses are fine on my 2005 Banshee It just spits water out the overflow hose onto the Exhaust pipe A DYNA PORT 2 into 1. Its runs perfect Other than Losing water It doesn't empty the reservoir or radiator I Just dont want to ruin my Banshee Is it a mechanical failure or is it normal

well possible problems would be

bad rad cap

running lean

bad head gasket

bad impeller

also, don't forget it could be poor coolant condition, lack of air passing through radiator, and resivior hoses backwards........ and this thread is real freakin old, man, lol...