Banshee vs. YFZ 450

Tony Lopez

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad at Tyson knows his turbo's he took a stock motored 302 in a mustang and went well into the 9's in the 1/4 mile with a turbo on a carb set up, since then he has good motor and really flies. :biggrin:

Brad Tyson has a 104 HP YFZ turbo that would beg to differ....

:)

I saw him running it at the dunes when he was still working on that kit.. He was beating up 4mil cubs all day long. It was hard to beat! Might have even takin a few 10mils.. not sure what everyone had that weekend.

• 5 months later...

I'm a two stroke junkie and always will be but however I give credit when it is earned. A built yfz 450 is capable of beating a 421 cub. I've seen it plenty of times. I got a buddy with a stock stroke stock bore drag yfz 450 ported by MMAD that holds its own. He races in FSA. But 99.9% of the time there is no way. Granite he wieght's 160 lbs and his yfz450 weighs 230 wet but like I said it can be done but very rare. Other then that most people just like to talk the talk.

• 2 weeks later...

dont count the YFZ out boys i have my YFZ back when it was prity much stock (intake exhaust) and i was beating ported banshee in the 1/8th mile asphalt....

take it for what it is.... even rider weight but i was a little better driver than the shee.

dont get me wrong at mid track he would start catching up but he didnt have enough track 2 catch up and on the street he has beat me (because of gearing)

the 4strokes have come a good ways since they did come out. the 450 is coming up with a new nitrous system now so theres a few vids coming soon as other projects get out the way.

stock stroke stock bore 450 vs 4mm cub

same bike vs bigger banshee (i think it was a 10mm if i remember right)

I got something for the turbo yfz. Lol. The 450 came out in 04 and has always been a fourstroke. The banshe is a yfz 350. With ur mods u should take out the yfZ. He might get u out of the hole but youll pass him. I have both yfz 450 and banshee on alcohol but the banshee is way more modified and no 450 will be close to it