what rim size

can i get douglas red labels with a rolled lip? I am considering changing rim size to a 10 inch, will this reduce tire roll? IS ther a advantage to 10inch? I also am going to get some maxxis all traks i am unsure to go with a 20 inch or a 22 inch. Will 22 inch bog me down? If i get 10 inch rims ill have a little less side wall and less tire roll. I was also considering getting the rims offset to make the shee jsut a little wider. for the front im still unsure on tire type, i know i want red labels up front, do i change rim size in front if i change back? Any suggestions for me? i like the itp quadcross tires but they only seem to come in 18inch.

douglas red labels either 9x9(i think thats stock) or 10x9 pro-cons

pro-cons of changing rim size in front

22" or 20" in rear pro and cons

I do alote of riding in so cali. Johnson Valley(google it) And alote of desert racing/bashing. Lots of nasty desert terrain around me, everything from rocks, whoops, rocky hillclimbs, drylake beds to silt. just no mud sometimes its fun to go to the dry lake beds after it rains, but cleaning the muddy bike is always fun.

I would go with the 20x10x10 tires on 10in rim in the back. Less side wall will give you less tire role. I would only go with 22's if your needing more ground clearance.

I run a dished out wheel in the front of my shee to make it a little wider.

Here are some pic's of the front wheels. I would deffintaly get the red lable's with the rolled lip. The rears are 20X10X10 kenda klaws

100_2151.jpg

100_2149.jpg

100_2153.jpg

ya im gunna use 10x10 in back. what size you have in front? how far is your rim offset or dished in front? I do ride in some pretty rocky area so i think a 22 just for clearance.

Are your rear rims offset? Do you know wher i can get the red label with rolled lip?

Would it be allright ir you post some pics or your shee from the front and the back so i can get a idea of how much wider it is?

The type of tires im looking for need to have some good lugz but not to bad so they dont get ripped off on hard pack or rocks. i have been looking at maxxis all traks m9209(i can only find in 2ply), maxxis m944(look to much like a stock tire i think, not sure if they will wear well), kenda 535(not sure if ill get ht or st but they dont come in 10inch and the st only come 18inch, prolly no on these), itp quad cross(only 18 inch),carlisle turftamers(i remember my buddy had em on his shee and they were great on hard but not in soft sand or washes), and itp holshot xct(kinda pricey). HELP!!!!!!!! hahaha. Well im saving for the rims im going to buy a cheap set of kenda scorpians to ride through and tear up. I had a pair on a yamaha 225dr/x 3-wheeler. The tires help up good. (not in the wahes and soft sand though).

I ride all over the desert from sandy washes to glamis like sand pits to volcanic rock covried mountains to flat dry lake beds. I have paddles for when i go to glamis, i just need some good tires for bashing around this here desert.

Edited by kawa110

bump............so far im highly considering the douglas ultimate sc wheels int the rear ill get 10x8 and 10x5 in the front as for tires i think (im not sure i havnt received any feedback on any), maxxis all trak(if i can get in 4 or 6 ply, kenda kutters, and maxxis m944

whaa whaa whaaaaaa hahah.

im running 20x11-10 razr2's on douglas reds .190 10x8 3.0+ 5.0 on the rear

and 21x7-10 razr2's on douglas reds .190 10x5 3.0 + 2.0 on the front

tho i should have chosen a better offest for the rear as they were a bit wider than the front, but some wider a-arms fixed that.

i like the 10 on the rear mainly becuase it looks even to the front, i dont think there is any advantages. the tyre roll would be more of a concern on a tarmac application.

I don't think too many people wait for the stock rear tires to go bald, I like my razors but there's plenty of good tires out there. I like the look of the 10" wheel and if I decide to get new ones I will switch from 9". If you like sliding the rear a lot, I think the 10"s would be a better choice and still be able to run lower amounts of air.

ya i like sliding the rear more then i jump. I am going with the red label 10x8

dirtdown under------what do you mean by 3.0? 5.0 and 2.0 are 5 inch offset and 2 inch offset yes?

How much off was your rear then the front?

I like the look of the 10 inch.

I would like to have the front maybe a a inch wider then the rear or even.