carbs running dry?

hey guys, i posted on hear while back a problem im having. all the way through sixth gear does fine, then it falls on its face. i have the 30mm d slide carbs, motor is stock just bolt ons. I ve checked everything you guys mentioned and still am clueless. It just seems like the bowls are running dry. Plugs seem right color, medium brown. Gutted the gas cap, even ran without the gas cap. I have the biggest main jet the came with it, the 162. Anything ??thanks

hey guys, i posted on hear while back a problem im having. all the way through sixth gear does fine, then it falls on its face. i have the 30mm d slide carbs, motor is stock just bolt ons. I ve checked everything you guys mentioned and still am clueless. It just seems like the bowls are running dry. Plugs seem right color, medium brown. Gutted the gas cap, even ran without the gas cap. I have the biggest main jet the came with it, the 162. Anything ??thanks

my ported 350 with bolt ons dont dry up bowls on stock carbs or 28mm mikunis / maybe the pingle valve is clogged up a little i highly doubt a stock engine with bolt ons needs enough fuel to empty the bowls / pingle valve in the tank and fuel line clogged? try new plugs? clogged air filter? what u have for filter setup if its airbox take lid off and run it off the bigger carbs need more air

Yeah they are the OKO's. i got em off ebay for like 200 bucks. anyways i put in brand new plugs, im using a k&n filter which i just recently cleaned and oiled, NO LID.

So if im running rich, wouldnt i notice the cutting out before i get through the gears. It Runs strong bottom end. Also wondering if the needle clip can make a difference. Its on the 3rd position right now. Sorry for so many questions, but its driving me crazy and im trying to do this myself. thanks guys

Yeah they are the OKO's. i got em off ebay for like 200 bucks. anyways i put in brand new plugs, im using a k&n filter which i just recently cleaned and oiled, NO LID.

So if im running rich, wouldnt i notice the cutting out before i get through the gears. It Runs strong bottom end. Also wondering if the needle clip can make a difference. Its on the 3rd position right now. Sorry for so many questions, but its driving me crazy and im trying to do this myself. thanks guys

I have oko's and mine did the same only after putting cpi's on, never did it with the t5's and same jetting. Im leaning towards rich or bowls draining, I would say rich. Falls flat after a couple of seconds, but I haven't been on it since then. You got a good set of carbs if you got them new, This is the first time I have experienced any kind of mis since I got them, easy to tune.

I dont kno if the pingle is the prob, NYCmarine has 35pwk with stock peatcock and port work.

We where balls out in 6th gear for ever in glamis and he didnt have any problems, I had cpi's portwork 28mm carbs etc and i never had that problem either.

Take apart the bottom of the gas tank, there is 2 little filters in there, a few yrs back i was having problems with my shee, turned out that there was a ton of dit and sand clogging my filters, I cleaned them up and bamm she ran great again.

run the bitch in 6th gear for couple hundred feet and pull the plugs. do a chop

but a 162 seems big for a non ported motor with bolt ons.

i ran a 160 with my cub.

if you think the bowls are running dry clean tank screens and run bigger diameter fuel line with clamps on each end.i've ran alky on 34pj's with stock petcock with no problems.if you run inline filters just cut the screens out you don't need them.very big restriction....goodluck

Edited by AWR

Ok guys, im gonna throw another set of plugs in it and go down to 158 on the mains. I also will check the tank for crud. i understand what your saying though about a stock motor shouldnt run the bowls dry. i already have bigger lines on the carbs hoping thatd help. anyways i'll let you know in a day or two. thanks again.

Ok guys, im gonna throw another set of plugs in it and go down to 158 on the mains. I also will check the tank for crud. i understand what your saying though about a stock motor shouldnt run the bowls dry. i already have bigger lines on the carbs hoping thatd help. anyways i'll let you know in a day or two. thanks again.

Thats what I put in mine for warmer weather, then I got the cpi's and thought it might need bigger jets, so I put the 160's back in. Should have left the 158's in, I really think thats what it is too.