Clutch

The bike starts and runs great. My issue is after i start in up and its idling in neutral, i pull in the clutch, shift into gear, it lunges forward and dies as if the clutch is not disengaging. Now if i rev it up and kick it in gear this doesn't happen. Once you get going everything functions correctly and shifts fine. After riding I can turn it off and turn it right back on and at idle will shift into gear fine, but if you turn it off and wait awhile it will start acting up again.

Haven't pulled it apart yet, what could be causing this? I've read some post regarding warn cushions and grooved baskets, etc, but the issues their describing don't compare to what i am experiencing.

Any ideas?

Its ok as long as the clutch is adjusted right. This is from the oil in the trans making the clutch plates stick to one another. Once the bikes warm the oil is more fluid and the plates don't stick to each other. Normal.

if you rock it in gear a little before starting, it wont happen.

Yup, That's what I've had to do on occasion. It's just the oil creating a suction on the plates and fibers when it sits for a little while. Kind of like when you stick your foot in mud, and it makes a suction and is hard to get out. No biggie.