"How come"?

According to Jenning's two stroke tuners handbook, pipe dimensions are primarily determined by port timing and desired rpm of power peak. This being said, why don't pipe manufacturers publish optimum port timing for their pipe, along with the rpm spec? That way a builder would have a mark to shoot for. Also, maybe someone knowledgeable could make a list of all pipes in and out of production with type of powerband and possibly porting to go with it. Then pin it so a person could read that rather than searching and having to read a dozen comments. I know that a "Great" pipe with the wrong combination of timing , carbs, etc will run like poo, then that person would say its a rotten pipe.

According to Jenning's two stroke tuners handbook, pipe dimensions are primarily determined by port timing and desired rpm of power peak. This being said, why don't pipe manufacturers publish optimum port timing for their pipe, along with the rpm spec? That way a builder would have a mark to shoot for. Also, maybe someone knowledgeable could make a list of all pipes in and out of production with type of powerband and possibly porting to go with it. Then pin it so a person could read that rather than searching and having to read a dozen comments. I know that a "Great" pipe with the wrong combination of timing , carbs, etc will run like poo, then that person would say its a rotten pipe.

+1 :thumbsup:

X2 :thumbsup: maybe pipe manufacturers don't post such info, cause of competition taking/stealing those specs/info?

I agree. Would make it easy for the consumer as well. "If I want this pipe, I need these mods"

However, people that do have that knowledge, are normally builders. That knowledge is what brings business. That is like asking someone to post a secret chili recipe. :biggrin: