sell my yfz and build a mx banshee?

duner99

hi, ive just built up a mx yfz with brand new shocks,arms,axle and some motor work. but the thing is it keeps breaking down ALL the time. if its not a starting problem then its a mechanical failure of a part. now its got a broken swingarm hub and i might be able to sell it without losing to much on all the new parts.

but how does a mx banshee compare to these new 4 strokes?

and roughly how much would you need to build one up? frame,swingarm,shocks,axle, motor,nerfs, tires etc... is it just to much?

i had an 03 shee and it ran with the stock piston for 5 years and almost never broke down, except when i left it sitting for a while it wouldnt start.

hi, ive just built up a mx yfz with brand new shocks,arms,axle and some motor work. but the thing is it keeps breaking down ALL the time. if its not a starting problem then its a mechanical failure of a part. now its got a broken swingarm hub and i might be able to sell it without losing to much on all the new parts.

and roughly how much would you need to build one up? frame,swingarm,shocks,axle, motor,nerfs, tires etc... is it just to much?

i had an 03 shee and it ran with the stock piston for 5 years and almost never broke down, except when i left it sitting for a while it wouldnt start.

for mx id stick with 4stroke. ive rid a laeger banshee at mx for 3 years now but im now on to 4 strokes. the banshee loses too much time out of corners which can not be made up on the track ive ran my banshee with a tuned standard engine and also a 421 trinity pv engine with 80hp at the rear wheels but still no luck.

it depends wat type of tack your on. if all of the tracks a very wide open fast and dry then the banshee would be hard to beat. for any other type, 4stroke.

ive got a laeger crf450 that in using for mx this stage. The difference in race results is outstanding.

for mx id stick with 4stroke. ive rid a laeger banshee at mx for 3 years now but im now on to 4 strokes. the banshee loses too much time out of corners which can not be made up on the track ive ran my banshee with a tuned standard engine and also a 421 trinity pv engine with 80hp at the rear wheels but still no luck.

it depends wat type of tack your on. if all of the tracks a very wide open fast and dry then the banshee would be hard to beat. for any other type, 4stroke.

ive got a laeger crf450 that in using for mx this stage. The difference in race results is outstanding.

You should totaly sell me your 250r geo banshee as a roller without rims and plastics. :biggrin:

i don't really race mx but ive been on the tracks quite a bit racing buddies and well with the right mods and a good rider a banshee can kick ass every were IMO i would just shoot for good suspension and some low end motor mods :thumbsup:

and banshees are also very dependable if kept right. :biggrin:

banshee's havn't been sold for 20 years for no reason, while stock for stock a new 450 will beat a banshee on the track if you upgrade the suspension and do low end mods to the motor the banshee will do great

wont be sellin the laeger. its for keeps.

the best rider on a banshee will never beat the best on a 4poke. i had to learn the hard way. had to move to 4stroke cus the banshee just lost too much time ota corners.

If ur racing, fast wide open tracks that are gona be dry, thats the only place a shee will really shine and dominate

• 1 month later...

On my 2001 Banshee, I have Elka Dual Rate front and Rear, Lonestar +4 axle, +2 front a-arms. On the motor I have a coolhead with high comp domes and a timing advance plate set to +4, single carb setup and stock pipes. I tried a Dynoport 2into1 but it sucked bad, much worse than stock pipes.

I have a bone stock 2006 Honda 450R and it completely dominates the Banshee in every single way, except for the sound and the the way the Banshee lights up the rear tires.

On a MX track, MY modified Banshee has not a chance against my bone stock 450R. If you take the best Banshee MX rider and drop them on a 450, they will be a better rider on the 450 (if not, they aren't trying).

So, yeah, setting up a Banshee to race MX is a complete waste of money, except you will have a really nice Banshee, which is cool.

Not trying to flame the Banshee, because they are awesome. Even Mod for Mod, they are just not better than a 450 for MX.

On my 2001 Banshee, I have Elka Dual Rate front and Rear, Lonestar +4 axle, +2 front a-arms. On the motor I have a coolhead with high comp domes and a timing advance plate set to +4, single carb setup and stock pipes. I tried a Dynoport 2into1 but it sucked bad, much worse than stock pipes.

I have a bone stock 2006 Honda 450R and it completely dominates the Banshee in every single way, except for the sound and the the way the Banshee lights up the rear tires.

On a MX track, MY modified Banshee has not a chance against my bone stock 450R. If you take the best Banshee MX rider and drop them on a 450, they will be a better rider on the 450 (if not, they aren't trying).

So, yeah, setting up a Banshee to race MX is a complete waste of money, except you will have a really nice Banshee, which is cool.

Not trying to flame the Banshee, because they are awesome. Even Mod for Mod, they are just not better than a 450 for MX.

If you took that retarded 2 into 1 setup and stock pipes off your SHEE no way that 450 will beat it in a drag..

+4 axle for mx is absolutely retarded

• 2 weeks later...

or just get a DS 650 and be done with it

they are wide, tall and heavy, but they sure can be fast if set up right.

and they ride like a cadillac on the dunes, guess thats why they are called a DUNE sport eh?

great for jumps and hills, not much for MX

• 4 months later...