Vitos head stroker domes very confused please help!

Ok i just got this in the mail today. I am building a 4mm stroker. I didnt buy it directly from vitos,but it is brand new. Its a hemi head 2 with 18cc stroker domes in it.

Here is the problem. There is no place for the inner o-ring that surrounds the bore.There is a groove for the outter o-ring though. And when you put the dome into the head,it is recessed like it should be for a stroker,but there is nothing to hold it into the head.It wont press against the cylinder with the rest of the head. Like if i installed it right now like it is the dome would actualy be floating 2mm over the cylinder deck,and would fall down to the deck,there is nothing to hold it up. Shouldnt there be an outer rim on the dome with a groove for the 0-ring? Like a little outer ring that will go against the cylinder deck? Maybe i have the wrong domes or something.

Here is a link to my photobucket with pictures of it. First pic is just the dome sitting in the head,second pic is the dome by itself,Third pic is the dome pushed out a little bit so you can see what im talking about with no o-ring groove,And the 4th is just the dome sitting there again in the head.

My build has completely stopped till i figure this out.

http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/tt147/burtreynolds23/

Edited by Burt Reynolds

Looks like the o-ring groove was machined off.

Ive never seen the vitos domes but all my noss domes have that groove around the outer edge.

Who cut them?

Pics are sorta hard to see though....

did you say they milled the domes for them crank?

Well i bought the crank/head pistons ect... off a builder. Not sure of the brand of the domes.

I think they are supposed to be stroker domes,im going to call vitos and noss and get the scoop.

I dont think they are regular domes that are cut

Well i bought the crank/head pistons ect... off a builder. Not sure of the brand of the domes.

I think they are supposed to be stroker domes,im going to call vitos and noss and get the scoop.

I dont think they are regular domes that are cut

nah, if you look closely, the outer flange is cut differently, then the chamber. 2 different machines. the chamber is supposed to be recessed. they could only work with spacers, and a little more cutting in the chamber.....

oh hell.- just paint your pipes a cool color and it'll all be good. :biggrin:

That is certainly odd looking, at least the way it looks to me from the photos. Is it a stock head that has been modified to accept domes?

It was the domes,that are standard domes machined 2mm,and they machined off the part that the o-ring goes into

I dont think I would trust some ones dome design if they didnt even know how to machine a stroker dome. Let alone getting the sqish angle right.

I would say they could have ruined the whole head. It looks like they shaved the whole works. How else would they anodized the o ring grooves but not the bottom of the head.

At first I thought you ment they didnt have the outer lip that makes a channel for the domes O ring to set in. Like big bore domes.

SwainTechDome.jpg

I dont think I would trust some ones dome design if they didnt even know how to machine a stroker dome. Let alone getting the sqish angle right.

I would say they could have ruined the whole head. It looks like they shaved the whole works. How else would they anodized the o ring grooves but not the bottom of the head.

At first I thought you ment they didnt have the outer lip that makes a channel for the domes O ring to set in. Like big bore domes.

SwainTechDome.jpg

That is what i meant,the head is factory vitos untouched,but the guy who initialy bought the domes bought standard domes,and had them machined,but he machined the domes wrong.

There is no channel on the domes for the inner o-ring.