ive heard that advancing your timing to +4 makes a huge differance. Can anyone tell me exactly what it does? And will I be ok doing it without a coolhead for now?

Personally, it gave a me a good seat of the pants increase, especially on the lower end. Youll be fine at +4 timing with a stock head and pump gas. make sure your compression is at/or below 160psi if running 193 octane. Do it for sure!

Personally, it gave a me a good seat of the pants increase, especially on the lower end. Youll be fine at +4 timing with a stock head and pump gas. make sure your compression is at/or below 160psi if running 193 octane. Do it for sure!

Where do you get 193 octane? :biggrin:

i thought with the 193 octane you had to run at least 835#s of compression and +44 degrees of timing

hahaha...on a serious note, i did notice quite a bit of difference when i put in my timing plate and put it at +4. not a huuge difference but you could definitely feel it!!

hahaha...on a serious note, i did notice quite a bit of difference when i put in my timing plate and put it at +4. not a huuge difference but you could definitely feel it!!

you will definetly feel the timing.they come so detuned from the factory.lots more snap.

i mite as well lighten my flywheel while i have everything torn apart..dont ya think?

Leave the fly wheel alone...Doesnt make a difference..Spend the money on a port job,Well at least a down pymnt for a port..LOL

i mite as well lighten my flywheel while i have everything torn apart..dont ya think?

if you weigh over 180 don't do it.they take away some low end torque.