I run Castor 927 at 50:1. I don't know if this is true or not but i herd klotz will make cranks rust over a period of time. like i said i don't know if that is true. Has anyone else herd this????

I run klotz super-tech in alcohol and gas and never had any problems, but castor 927 is really good oil too. My experience with 927 is I wound recommend purging it after every ride with alcohol bc it separates unlike klotz when it sits.. Jmo.. 50:1 is a lil lean to me on gas, I run 32-40:1, and around 24-28:1 on alky..

I run Castor 927 at 50:1. I don't know if this is true or not but i herd klotz will make cranks rust over a period of time. like i said i don't know if that is true. Has anyone else herd this????

not true. it is like all the other quality oils. Only way your crank is going to rust is because you have moisture (aka water) in your lower end. This occurs if you do not purge alky over time, but it has nothing to do with the oil causing it. There is only one thing that causes oxidation, thats moisture on bare metal.

i run r-50 at 32:1 right now with absolutly no problems but am preparing to go to the dark side and start running amsoil sabre at 80:1...

done alot of research on it and watched 5 bikes switch last weekend without blowing up, if anything they seemed to be running rich at 80:1 so i'm going to take the plunge...

i hate the idea of jumping on the amsoil train but dollar wise it's cheaper...

and i've only seen rust on a crank from washing your bike and getting water in the exhaust

Edited by swrbansheeboy