sheared a gear in the case!

A loose chain and some hard riding will break second gear as well. :geek:

hmmmm. loose chain? yes....

lost the oil plug somewhere between pad 2.5 going east to china wall, then up the washes to the beach store, then back down sand highway to sweet maries.. noticed it when i stopped about 2oo yards from sweet maries to look for a follower... started it up again and must have dumped it too hard.. heard a crack and it would run but not move... the case was still dripping oil when I found it..

cracked two teeth in a row...

id post a pic but having serious trouble!!!!

If you rode it with no oil your 2nd is not your only problem see if the very first big gear spins freely on the input shaft. its the first gear from the clutch. Those lock up and weld to the shaft if there is no oil.

I think that the plug came out at theend case there was still oil leaking out and it looked fresh on the swingarm. I'll check that gear though. Thanks!

did the plug from behind the front sprokit come out? looks like a tiny freez plug kinda, if it did then it will brake the e clip that holds the shift fork in place and allow it to flop around and slam in 2 gears at once. my dads bike did this and it chiped the tooth on seccond gear. but it would also randomly lock up so you couldnt even ride it. had to get it in nutral and i towed him back.

lost the oil plug somewhere between pad 2.5 going east to china wall, noticed it when i stopped about 2oo yards from sweet maries to look for a follower... started it up again and must have dumped it too hard.. heard a crack and it would run but not move... the case was still dripping oil when I found it..

cracked two teeth in a row...

anyone else see where the problem was?

i agree with having more problems than one gear, strip it down and start again....

you know, sometimes there's nothing wrong with coming home on a rope, sounds like you came back on a rope anyway so it probably would have been a little cheeper to check your pride and ask for a free ride...

anyone else see where the problem was?

i agree with having more problems than one gear, strip it down and start again....

you know, sometimes there's nothing wrong with coming home on a rope, sounds like you came back on a rope anyway so it probably would have been a little cheeper to check your pride and ask for a free ride...

yeah I put that in the wrong order.. I killed the motor to listen for my friend.. when i started it up again, it ran but when I let out the clutch it made that crunch noise and died.. thats when I looked to see what it was and noticed the oil...