Banshee jetting help

My banshee has stock carbs and pro circuit pipes, stock air box and pro flow adapter, 270 mains, and I dont remember the needle setting or pilot atm,..but when I try to ride a really slow wheelie by balancing it in like 2nd gear or w/e then i can keep the front wheels up for like....a couple seconds going slow and then it will bog down reallllly bad and you cant get it to start pulling again..until you let the front end down and clear it out again..I couldnt ask for the bike to run any better as far as starting and just riding it, and like if I pull a wheelie in say 3rd gear and rev it and shift, it does pretty good...it dont bog much at all. but the guys on youtube I see riding wheelies on there their bikes dont even come close to bogging like mine does..and i dont notice that theirs dumps fuel out real bad after doing a wheelie. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

so it runs great except when u wheelie?? or does it run shitty when ur goin slow too

No, it starts, runs fast and slow fine..but if I do a wheelie and try to just roll in 1st gear..or maybe 2nd steadily then it will load up really bad. Does my float height need to be set differently? The banshees on youtube dont bog like mine does.

No, it starts, runs fast and slow fine..but if I do a wheelie and try to just roll in 1st gear..or maybe 2nd steadily then it will load up really bad. Does my float height need to be set differently? The banshees on youtube dont bog like mine does.
mine has knda the same symptoms .sounds like you float level is way off ..and possably needs rejetted ...for the bottom end .....just a thought try removing the air box top and see if it changes ...

mine has knda the same symptoms .sounds like you float level is way off ..and possably needs rejetted ...for the bottom end .....just a thought try removing the air box top and see if it changes ...

With the lid off it runs a little better but I like how it sounds and runs with the lid on, with the lid off it dont run any different doing wheelies. The float height is what I was thinking might be causing it. I may try to set it different.

• 13 years later...
On 4/23/2009 at 12:51 AM, banshee_boy09 said:

My banshee has stock carbs and pro circuit pipes, stock air box and pro flow adapter, 270 mains, and I dont remember the needle setting or pilot atm,..but when I try to ride a really slow wheelie by balancing it in like 2nd gear or w/e then i can keep the front wheels up for like....a couple seconds going slow and then it will bog down reallllly bad and you cant get it to start pulling again..until you let the front end down and clear it out again..I couldnt ask for the bike to run any better as far as starting and just riding it, and like if I pull a wheelie in say 3rd gear and rev it and shift, it does pretty good...it dont bog much at all. but the guys on youtube I see riding wheelies on there their bikes dont even come close to bogging like mine does..and i dont notice that theirs dumps fuel out real bad after doing a wheelie. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Did you ever figure out the Problem PLEASE HELP my 2001 Banshee is doing the same exact thing I can’t figure it out it’s driving me crazy ?????