T.O.R.S problem

Banshee81

Hey everyone Iam new on this site, I jus bought a tors eliminator kit for my banshee, just wondering what you have to drill in the carburators and is it hard to do?? I havnt got it in the mail yet but is the kit easy to install??? When i think of drilling holes in the carb just sounds bad! Let me know thanks!

Hey everyone Iam new on this site, I jus bought a tors eliminator kit for my banshee, just wondering what you have to drill in the carburators and is it hard to do?? I havnt got it in the mail yet but is the kit easy to install??? When i think of drilling holes in the carb just sounds bad! Let me know thanks!

its easy i just did mine, just go slow when your drilling and use some oil on the bit and tap, just make sure you file the boss's down good enough or the idle screws wont touch the slides

its easy i just did mine, just go slow when your drilling and use some oil on the bit and tap, just make sure you file the boss's down good enough or the idle screws wont touch the slides

Aw ok yeah thanks, Iam gona assume they give instructions on how to do it. This is the 1st quad I ever own so I dont want to mess it up..thanks.

when you are tapping the holes,be sure to only go a little bit then back it out frequently.Guys are snapping taps in there. :blink:

Hopefully I will get the kit in this week, dose it tell you exactly where you have to drill?? Would a hand drill be ok to use if I clamp the carb down?

a hand drill is fine.Just go straight.It is really easy to drill,soft aluminum.You have to drill the outside of each carb.There are little nipples,or whatever you want to call them.

cool hey thanks I hope it works damn banshee wont get spark because of that tors I took it in and everything else was good and they messed with the tors fired right up got it home rode it for an hour. I came back 2 days later fired it up and it cut out Iam sick of it I cant wait to get rid of that feature.

cool hey thanks I hope it works damn banshee wont get spark because of that tors I took it in and everything else was good and they messed with the tors fired right up got it home rode it for an hour. I came back 2 days later fired it up and it cut out Iam sick of it I cant wait to get rid of that feature.

dont use a drill to tap the threads use a hand wrench, blow them out real good to when your done, i got the vitos kit and it came with directions but you can also youtube it, you gota sync your carbs after too

you need to unplug the tors module to keep it from cutting out. there is a little black box, about 2x2x1, with 3 wires coming out. it's under the gas tank, on the left side. simply unplug it and you should fire up. the eliminator kit just gets rid of those bulky carb tops, which will double the life of your rubber intakes, and make it 100x easier to remove and install the slides without damaging the needle

you need to unplug the tors module to keep it from cutting out. there is a little black box, about 2x2x1, with 3 wires coming out. it's under the gas tank, on the left side. simply unplug it and you should fire up. the eliminator kit just gets rid of those bulky carb tops, which will double the life of your rubber intakes, and make it 100x easier to remove and install the slides without damaging the needle

Yeah i unplugged thoses and still didnt fire up, I took it to a yamaha dealership and thats what they said was wrong it. They moved the wires around and it started up...everything else was tested and was fine so Iam hopeing thats the problem if it do snt work that dealership is guna get a phone call. But when I picked it up it started up with no issues then came back 2 days later it strarted then cut out and wouldnt start again.

Yeah i unplugged thoses and still didnt fire up, I took it to a yamaha dealership and thats what they said was wrong it. They moved the wires around and it started up...everything else was tested and was fine so Iam hopeing thats the problem if it do snt work that dealership is guna get a phone call. But when I picked it up it started up with no issues then came back 2 days later it strarted then cut out and wouldnt start again.

That happend after I tryed reving it up and then it cut out.

banshwdc.jpgwhen you said those, did you mean the wires attatched to the carbs, or the controll box. which wires did they wiggle? did they show them to you? the controll box has the 3 colors, you can see in the pic, (yellw/black, black, and black/white) the key really is getting the black/white wire disconnected

banshwdc.jpgwhen you said those, did you mean the wires attatched to the carbs, or the controll box. which wires did they wiggle? did they show them to you? the controll box has the 3 colors, you can see in the pic, (yellw/black, black, and black/white) the key really is getting the black/white wire disconnected

It was the one onthe right carb, that wire connect to the tors.