what do i need?

I have found a brand new 68mm cheetah cub, just the jugs. I am getting it for 600.00 even. What else will I need to get to make this work? For right now I cant afford to get a +4 crank but hell that could change tomorrow. Thanks for looking, I am pretty new to the Banshee world. Any help is appreciated.

is it made for a 4mil crank. if so, youll need the crank. if not youll need new pistons, rings and gaskets.

cheetahs can be ran with stock components ie head, reeds etc.

As I understand it is made for use with a stock crank but that i could also use a 4mil, but im also hearing that i have to get new domes, longer studs? and that my stock carbs will be to small. One other question, I keep hearing about stock carbs being 24m.m. to 28m.m. which is it??

Stock carbs are 26mm, and they will not be ideal for a cub. Weather or not your cylinders are made for a 4mil crank is pretty dam important. You cant run one or the other, they have to match. You also need big bore domes or your head rechambered. Your also going to need a good set of pipes.

Stock carbs are 26mm, and they will not be ideal for a cub. Weather or not your cylinders are made for a 4mil crank is pretty dam important. You cant run one or the other, they have to match. You also need big bore domes or your head rechambered. Your also going to need a good set of pipes.

Now Im kinda confused, I believe even Trinity told me I could run these cylinders on a stock crank for now if i wanted and add the 4mil later as my funds got better. But assuming that you are correct and that it is one way or the other how do I tell? Now on the carb thing is it possible to bore stock carbs out to 34mm?? Cause that what I have already paid for from a guy in R.S. Wy. and am waiting for them to get here. My pipes are T5s.

You can use stock carbs and t5s, but if you want it to run like it should, you need to upgrade. I think what Trinity is telling you is that you can add a 4mil crank later and run a spacer plate. To be safe, you need to measure the cylinders first. Someone on here will be able to tell you how.

I think he is trying to say that the t-5's will work and so will the stock carbs. but to make the power that is possible with the cubs you will need to go to bigger carbs.

Also: i didnt think you could bore a stock carb over 28mm? :confused:

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

Ok so I went out to the garage and measured the engine side of my stock carb ummm it measures 28mm, so do all of the carbs I have out there, a total of eight different carbs, all measured at the same place, so Im left to wonder if the info I got earlier today was wrong oorrr (as is probably the case) I dont know where to check. NOT trying to insult anybody but Im getting about 50/50 on what the stock sizes are. Anybody have any ideas?

ok, the stock carb size is 26mm measured in the bore @ the back of the slide. they can be bored to 27.5, or taper bored to 28. that size is limited by the slide diamiter. anything over that, and the slides would no longer seal the bore or stay square. i have only seen one case of a factory 28mm, but that was a rare find, as, i belive, was only offered as an upgrade for 1 or 2 years, or thay came of an rz. i can't remember. normally, when you get them bored to "28" it's actually 27.5 but rounded up. like when they round up engine displacement. you're better off just saving up for the carbs you really want