ALL BHQ members please read

to ban or not to ban  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alright here's my take. I know hillclimbr. He's a good dude. I haven't met loco...but he has helped me when I needed it. No offense to anyone.....but this thread is bullshit...short and sweet. How is someone going to get banned because of what they say in the heat of an arguement? People should be banned for screwing people over in a sale....shit like that. Not for argueing over the dumbass internet. Like I said before I don't mean to offend anyone...this is just my opinion. If you don't like my opinion....oh well...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People should just fist fight to solve their differences.

+1 thats how I like to do it.

Im new here but I'll give my opinion anyway.

1st...I think if you have nothing better to do than argue and talk shit over the internet and threaten someones site than your retarded.

Loco, your the man in charge so banning someone is up to you but someone making threats against your site is not cool. I don't know the guy so I have no problem with him. The bad thing is there are so many computer nerds now days you dont know who is capable of what. I would personally tell him to take a chill pill and try to come to some kind of common grounds. Or maybe talk him into calming down a little on his post and threats and you 2 just not communicate anymore. Thats my.02

I just joined this site and think its great so I would hate to see anything happen to it. Theres alot of smart people on here with alot of knowlege about Banshee's.

-Jerrod

Alright here's my take. I know hillclimbr. He's a good dude. I haven't met loco...but he has helped me when I needed it. No offense to anyone.....but this thread is bullshit...short and sweet. How is someone going to get banned because of what they say in the heat of an arguement? People should be banned for screwing people over in a sale....shit like that. Not for argueing over the dumbass internet. Like I said before I don't mean to offend anyone...this is just my opinion. If you don't like my opinion....oh well...

what argument? he sent me a PM out of nowhere last night that says that.. there was no beef, no argument.

to be honest, i dont know what is up the guys ass.. i thought by now maybe he would come let us know what the deal is.

i thought he might step up and give us an explanation, but all i get is that, "youre a dick and lee should ban you."

then he sends me another message saying that 20 members from his site are canceling their memberships here. i dont think he has anything against HQ, at least from what i can tell.. he just doesnt like me.

I don't know if you guys have a moderator forum here just for your use or not, but that's where this topic belongs.

Someone else hit the nail on the head, a 14 year old shouldn't decide if he should be banned or not.

It's your site, make the decision, run with it.

If 20 members leave because of this guy, GOOD...harmless and desperate thread, promise.

If you want my two cents...being on a lot of forums on different levels.

You can't ban him because he's a cry baby, took pot shots at the site, etc.

He is promoting his own site (which is free advertising) and he's threatening to shut the site down.

Those two reasons by themselves would be reasons he would've been banned without even posting a poll.

While I respect you for wanting the public's opinion, this isn't a question for the public.

Forums on the site, how to handle classified, rules, new headers, etc., those are good issues for the public to vote on.

It is your job to protect the site and those who have a financial stake to lose, protect their interests.

This to me is a no brainer.

I'm very new to this site and have really enjoyed all the help and good parts deals. :cool:

When I read the first post and all the responses, I read: Blah, Blah, Blah. It would be like if Charlie Brown's mother were typing all this. Just ignore the guy and go about your daily activities. If something happens to this site, you'll know where to turn.

Just a noob almost three times older than a 14 year old sharing an opinion. LOL :evil:

I have admin rights on a completely different forum, and banning his IP addy will keep him off of here for good. If HC is going to make threats to the forum as a whole, he should be history. The funny thing is, you can never please everyone all the time, but you sure can piss most people off all the time. That's a little saying I heard many years ago, and it still rings true today.

Banning IP is the best thing, but if he is a DSL customer they use Dynamically assigned IPs.

That could change yearly, monthly...or even several times a day.

Other ISPs change their IPs for the customers as well...usually not as frequent as DSL though.

(I agree with your last statement, hell...I piss off people all the time...)

Banning IP is the best thing, but if he is a DSL customer they use Dynamically assigned IPs.

That could change yearly, monthly...or even several times a day.

Other ISPs change their IPs for the customers as well...usually not as frequent as DSL though.

(I agree with your last statement, hell...I piss off people all the time...)

Yep. Run into the same type of problem with dial up, so you gotta ban a range of IPs. Not sure how DSL would work.

Vote to ban Pinned!

Jp. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

There's a huge difference between arguing, and threatening to hack and ruin a site. That's the part that pissed me off.