How to beat 700r?

a 60 shot of nos ?, isnt that going to nearly double the power and probably blow up ? i dont think you could keep the front down with 60 instant horses.

im yet to re race a 700r which i used to beat but now he has pc3 so im slightly botherd but keen to race to see the differance.

if/when i loose im opting for 20cc domes and a lil bit more timing.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is funny. Last summer at happy hollow in peebles ohio i was on my 87(it belonged to my GF at the time) It was all stock except for some REALLY old bills pipes.

They have a 800ft drag strip that is measured at 300ft--500ft--and 800ft.

There was a guy there on a raptor 700 that was one week old. Everyone always plays around on the dragstrip it is usualy the center of attention. Well he kept waving at me to come over and race him but i kept refusing,and this went on for a while,everytime i was near the strip he would try to wave me over.

Well finally i gave in,and lined up,and to my surprise actualy,i was ahead the whole way,even got him off the line. His front wheels were about 1-2 feet behind my back wheels @ 500ft

Well we pull around and he says,"lets go again,i need to get a better start". Second time he gets me off the line,never pulls ahead and i had passed him by the time we were @300ft.

We pull around again and he says "we need to switch sides,your side has better traction". So we switched and i outran him 2 more times. It was funny. He asked me what year it was,i said 1987.

Point is,A decent running banshee with t5's should be able to take a stock raptor everytime as long as you can launch it good and you have traction.

I wish i would have had a damn video camera that day

Thats a good story. lol Im not a newbie at riding. Im sure i will get a good launch. I think im gonna put in a billet basket start in second pin it and drop it lol. He picked up a tree last winter so were gonna get our use otta that too. Even tells your rt! Should be sweet. Tryin to get him to put in 1000 ft sand pit in but thats alot of sand!

a 60 shot of nos ?, isnt that going to nearly double the power and probably blow up ? i dont think you could keep the front down with 60 instant horses.

im yet to re race a 700r which i used to beat but now he has pc3 so im slightly botherd but keen to race to see the differance.

if/when i loose im opting for 20cc domes and a lil bit more timing.

so how exactly do thoes removable domes work? The bigger the dome=less compression or other way around? I was thinking the same thing but then race fuel comes into play????????

cc's = cubic centimeter, the size of the dome depends on how many cc's fit in that dome.

have more cc's gives less compression becuase theres more area in that dome and the air isnt being compressed as much as a lesser cc dome.

air can compress so if you were to use a smaller cc dome (to give more compression) the air and gas woud be more compressed to give a bigger bang.

to put it another way, if you blow some air into a bag, twist the end and pop it with your other hand it will go bang, but if you were to blow the same amount of air into that bag but make that bag smaller (less cc in that bag) then pop it it will make a louder bang, that louder bang is more energy due to more compression.

now with the race gas, because you have more compression and the gas your using is a lower octane the gas can pre ignite (ping) as the gas cant handle the compression and the heat and just explodes without a spark from the plug. Race gas has a higher octane and a lower flash point and can handle the higher combustion pressures.

Edited by dirtydownunder

cc's = cubic centimeter, the size of the dome depends on how many cc's fit in that dome.

have more cc's gives less compression becuase theres more area in that dome and the air isnt being compressed as much as a lesser cc dome.

air can compress so if you were to use a smaller cc dome (to give more compression) the air and gas woud be more compressed to give a bigger bang.

to put it another way, if you blow some air into a bag, twist the end and pop it with your other hand it will go bang, but if you were to blow the same amount of air into that bag but make that bag smaller (less cc in that bag) then pop it it will make a louder bang, that louder bang is more energy due to more compression.

now with the race gas, because you have more compression and the gas your using is a lower octane the gas can pre ignite (ping) as the gas cant handle the compression and the heat and just explodes without a spark from the plug. Race gas has a higher octane and a lower flash point and can handle the higher combustion pressures.

Thanks Very helpful! :thumbsup: so 20cc domes and +4 timing, would that need race gas? or just premium 93 oct?

i would think that would take it i have the same but trinity pipes and i can barely beat my buddies 700r, dude bore that bitch out 60 over and racing pistons and cool head and say see ya

So, not to be a jerk, but really the only power add-on you mentioned is the cool head. Boring for added displacement adds minimal power at best, probably nothing you are even going to feel. If by "racing pistons" you mean Wiseco's or something, you will get some added longevity, but again, no huge performance gain.

Coolhead yes, but look elsewhere for added power compared to the other recommendations.

Pipes, reeds, and head (20cc or less). You can use pump with 20cc but 100ll avgas from your local airport is best and cheapest. With avgas you can even use 19cc domes.

Traction is key!!! If you don't have good tires, and clutch,power is useless.

Two of my friends have 700's, one stock and one with pipe, K&N, and the EFI mod.

Honestly, they're no threat. With those mods, you can beat both.

A 60 shot huh?? That's funny. Hope he's wearing Kevlar underwear.

A 450 is of more concern then a 700.

Have fun.

Pipes, reeds, and head (20cc or less). You can use pump with 20cc but 100ll avgas from your local airport is best and cheapest. With avgas you can even use 19cc domes.

Traction is key!!! If you don't have good tires, and clutch,power is useless.

Two of my friends have 700's, one stock and one with pipe, K&N, and the EFI mod.

Honestly, they're no threat. With those mods, you can beat both.

A 60 shot huh?? That's funny. Hope he's wearing Kevlar underwear.

A 450 is of more concern then a 700.

Have fun.

huh no shit. lol. Well now hes tyrin to per sway me into selling my re maned crank and wesico top end to our other buddy with a banshee, and giving me wholesale cost price on a +5mm stroker crank for 420 and the top end kit for 125! I dont understand this guy. First he talks a bunch of garbage and then hes trying to help me out?????? Hes a great guy but I think I would rather beat him with the least amount of mods, but on the other hand a 385 stroker dont sound too bad????? :thumbsup:

huh no shit. lol. Well now hes tyrin to per sway me into selling my re maned crank and wesico top end to our other buddy with a banshee, and giving me wholesale cost price on a +5mm stroker crank for 420 and the top end kit for 125! I dont understand this guy. First he talks a bunch of garbage and then hes trying to help me out?????? Hes a great guy but I think I would rather beat him with the least amount of mods, but on the other hand a 385 stroker dont sound too bad????? :thumbsup:

so here is the start of my ground up build!!!! Wahooooooo!!!!

post-32185-1240205299_thumb.jpg

If you want to be sure, just go ahead and port it and do all your simple inexspensive add ons....+4 timing, Noss head, reeds, good carbs, ect.... You have it apart anyway, do it right!!

I want it to be a reliable trail quad and we also go to silver lake sand dunes like 5 times a year. Any suggestions on what port job would be ok? Carb size? Noss head????? is that a cool head? What size domes? Race gas? Thanks and any help would be great. Want to slap the top end on as soon as i find out what im gonna do!!!