NEXT ENGINE UPGRADE ?

Drewski

For more bottom end, get yourself an adjustable timing plate and set timing to +4. Also add a coolhead with 20-21 cc domes to raise compression. If you are willing to run race gas you could go to an even smaller dome to get more compression

If you are concerned mostly with lower end power dont bother with the v-force. I belive snop recomends carbon tech mid tension reeds and he has spent a lot of time on dynos perfecting a bottom/mid range motor for his bike, the vforce show HP gains on high rpm motors.

hey i have an 07 shee with fmf gold series pipes but i need more power. i wouldnt mind some more bottom end for the trails, any ideas?

Timing plate is a nice inexpensive place to start. Porting will be the most important and most bang for your buck. You won"t realize any performance increase from the v force reeds on a stock motor. They will improve performance on a well built motor though. What are you doing on the intake? More flow in equals more flow out. But as the airflow increases so does the fuel requirements. Don't forget to rejet!

SP

You can go either way, but you can only get so much out of milling the stock head before you will need to have it rechambered to keep your squish correct. The aftermarket heads are just nice because you can easily swap domes if you decide you want more or less compression. Plus they look cool, and the prices are fairly reasonable IMHO

You can go either way, but you can only get so much out of milling the stock head before you will need to have it rechambered to keep your squish correct. The aftermarket heads are just nice because you can easily swap domes if you decide you want more or less compression. Plus they look cool, and the prices are fairly reasonable IMHO

Second on that.

And definitely if you are down for spending some money, porting would be a huge gain. Also dont forget about the other things you should think about upgrading. Pancake bearing on clutch, and billet water pump impelar are nice additions. Along with a modified shift star or shift shaft and maybe even an HD clutch (a must if you get it ported IMHO)

hey i have an 07 shee with fmf gold series pipes but i need more power. i wouldnt mind some more bottom end for the trails, any ideas?

if your looking for more bottom end u can go with a 2 in 1 carb it gives real good bottom and mid rang in trails and good throttle response. i have a brand new trinity setup if ur interested

Edited by SD1026

v-force reeds or a cylinder entrance porting in my opignion

reeds are for better throttle response, not power for the most part. A more crisp throttle is always nice though.

I wouldnt run race fuel in a trail bike. Just get your stock head milled for premium pump gas as mentioned above. I am against 2-1 carb set ups. It's expensive and you can do so much more with that cash.

X2 for the 2 into 1 being a bad idea, alot of people like them and say they help lower end... I think someone mentioned Snop doing alot of dyno work!? I remember not to long ago didnt he prove that they only give you bottom and take away your top, but the regular dual carb set-up has the same bottm and keeps some of the top end? Could be wrong but Im pretty sure that what he said