About how much is the max RPM of a banshee?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got that vapor tach. and it only reads to 20,000 and ive cleared the screen so i kno the banshee can rev to 20g but my usually shifts are between 17,500 and 19,200 when im drag racing. n i only have reeds, spacers, b-bottle, w/ stock pipes

you need to set the ppr to 2. banshees fire at tdc and bdc. cut those rpms in half and thats what youve really got.

In my world the definition of over-rev is any rpm beyond peak HP...

The claim as I understood it is: Usable HP at 11,000 rpm on a 350 Banshee motor like it is no big deal or something. As well as an inference that by not doing so there is some type of defeciency in setup and/or tuning ability. I'll assume 350 parameters to mean: Any bore diameter short of re-sleeving an OEM cylinder and a 54mm stroke. Not requesting any black magic, super secret, medievel mechanic crap, just the basics for proofing the claim... Port durations, tuned exhaust, compression ratio or fuel octane requirement, etc. Not even asking for port time areas! Hell, leave the tuned exhaust part out until after the whatever. Short of that, three weeks is no problemo.

I already know what it takes to make peak HP at 11,000 rpm with a 350 and it is a very big deal! Like I said...

koolguy, i see you been coming over to HQ more and more here lately.. whats the deal? did PS ban you or just piss you off?

you finally realize ohton is a crooked ass piece of shit and say fuck his site?

anyway, carry on!

Once or twice a day. Mainly just using HQ for the classifieds to stock up on parts for the race.

No comment on all other aspects.

Oh, and thanks for posting up that private message. If I wanted to make it public, then I would have just said it in the forum.

Once or twice a day. Mainly just using HQ for the classifieds to stock up on parts for the race.

No comment on all other aspects.

Oh, and thanks for posting up that private message. If I wanted to make it public, then I would have just said it in the forum.

No problem! :thumbsup: