Raptor 700 vs Banshee

J-Madd

My Raptor (Barker Duals, K&N pro flow, PCIII) won't even get close to my stock Banshee with only T5s, +5 timing, 145 psi. Didn't really run from a dead stop, just noticed that the Banshee pulls away from the Raptor in every gear. I wasn't riding either, I was in my Prowler, but both riders said the Banshee was faster. WTF is wrong with the Raptor! I installed a map (from raptorforum.com) for the Barker Duals and pro-flow K&N. I have yet to unplug the speed limiter (or whatever its called) that retards timing at high speeds (5th gear), because I can't find/get to the plug. Raptor gearing is stock. Banshee is 15/41.

My Raptor (Barker Duals, K&N pro flow, PCIII) won't even get close to my stock Banshee with only T5s, +5 timing, 145 psi. Didn't really run from a dead stop, just noticed that the Banshee pulls away from the Raptor in every gear. I wasn't riding either, I was in my Prowler, but both riders said the Banshee was faster. WTF is wrong with the Raptor! I installed a map (from raptorforum.com) for the Barker Duals and pro-flow K&N. I have yet to unplug the speed limiter (or whatever its called) that retards timing at high speeds (5th gear), because I can't find/get to the plug. Raptor gearing is stock. Banshee is 15/41.

well there is nothing wrong with your raptor...i have a stock banshee with t-5's and a boost bottle and have out ran every raptor 700, raptor 660, and even outrun the yamaha 450 yfz or whatever it is...and it wasnt just in the rider cause i could outrun them from a roll or topend either 1...the 450 said his clutch was slippin so im not sure bout it but i am sure the banshee will beat a raptor

well there is nothing wrong with your raptor...i have a stock banshee with t-5's and a boost bottle and have out ran every raptor 700, raptor 660, and even outrun the yamaha 450 yfz or whatever it is...and it wasnt just in the rider cause i could outrun them from a roll or topend either 1...the 450 said his clutch was slippin so im not sure bout it but i am sure the banshee will beat a raptor

I thought my problem with the Craptor was in the programming, but when I installed the new map it really didn't help much. What a 700cc turd :down:

I ride both. The 700 I ride has k&n, lid off, silencer out, fuel management (don't know what kind. I think Trinity).

The 700 is a torque monster and likes to be shifted way early. Shifting early you can really feel the torque pull you ahead. I tried to shift up high and it's a dog. Definately would benefit with a +1 crank sprocket.

It was weird for me, being used to a Banshee, to shift early. But by no means is it as fast as mine.

As is, it might beat a piped Banshee, but it's nothing special otherwise. It will also hold it's own with a 450, but not a modded 450.

That's my 2. Good luck.

yea if the person riding the 700 isnt used to it, they might be tryin to rev the piss out of it liek a yfz 450 or something.. you gota short shift the shit out of them and the torque is amazing, you think its gona bog when u shift up but it just chugs right through and pulls hard..it def takes a little gettin used to after riding a banshee gettin on my friends 700..as far as piped VS piped though, they are pretty much even through the gears

I rode on of my freinds Raptor 700 with similar mods. It felt like it pulled a little harder in bottom end (like it would take my banshee off the start) but it felt like the banshee would reel it in once I was in higher gears.

Try from a dig. Although then it's a drivers race and who can get out the whole better. Banshee would be at a disadvantage but i hate roll races.

Id like a 700 to play on. Plus reverse is nice. Would an aftermarket cam make it pull harder on top? From what i understand, it takes spray to make the 4 stroke bike pull hard on top. From my experience of riding them and it isnt much experience they seem to fall flat after 3rd.

Next time get it on video. There's a lack of "banshee VS" videos here :)

I went to +1 front on my raptor and like it a lot better now. It helps keep the motor in the band longer I was always looking for more gears in washes. disconnecting the speed sensor helps also but that is only active in 5th gear. so if its getting beat before that it won`t help much. From what I had seen online there is quite a bit fluctuation in hp in them coming out of the factory as nuch as 7hp. Mine has the k&n intake, hmf slip on, white bros version of the dobeck. My banshee is a basic bolt on bike with t5`s I think it would be faster but I don`t think by a whole lot. I plan to eventually throw in more cam and compression at the raptor to see what it will do.