99 Banshee Restoration Complete.. For now

SteelerBob

great work. if i had that id be afraid to go riding, id hate to get it dirty. How much were the cans of bed liner?? how many cans did you use? i have a second set of plastics id like to use for when i got woods riding and i think that bed liner is a great idea.

They were 8.99 a can and I used every bit of 2 cans worth. Now that I have been riding it for a couple months, I wouldn't recommend the Rustoleum Brand. It has a great texture but it isn't holding up as well as I would like. Chips off too easily, could have been my prep work but I was pretty thorough. /shrug Good thing about the black tho is it's so easy to touch up after a ride and have her looking new again.

BtW, I did finally replace the blue DG nerfs with a set of black Pro Armors. Looks a lot better. Also went with a set of ATV High bend bars witch have made a nice improvement in comfort and control for my 6'2" frame.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Job. Bikes looking good

Where did you get your seat?

Funny thing about the seat cover. I actually ordered a different one that was black with yellow flames to match the shock covers and they sent the one in the picture by mistake. I got it off eBay from PowerPlayATV. I called him up and made good on it though. Told me to keep it and he sent me the one I originally wanted as well. Good stand up guy. Turns out I like the one that was a mistake better anyway. Bought a used seat from an HQ member and put the other cover on it so I can swap em out when I want a little different look.

I have never seen one like this one on eBay though, so might have to email him and send him a picture of mine to see if he can get you the same style. I think he orders them from Verde Powersports so that is another option as well.

LOL, I wouldn't flame ya man. I appreciate checkin my ride out. It's the original motor but not stock. It already had the 20cc domes, cool head, stator with advanced timing and race porting (and pwk's, K&N system, exhaust and Vforce cage and reeds) when I got it.

Motor rocked already, but everything else was really rough and just plain shot. I had to do the less glamourous work, brakes, bads, controls, hoses, rust removal, kickstarter rebuild etc.

I prolly would have done the 4 mil kit if I had to start from scratch but she screams as is. Motor was done by one of the top Banshee guys in this part of the state a few years back, previous owner didn't want to get into the bottom end tho at the time. It has pretty much sat since then so motor was still really tight.

First off, nice job. Second, what kind of paint did you use? Did you just rattle can that bitch? I ask because it looks like a warrior I restored. I love flat black so I couldn't do any clear coating & didn't know about Chassis saver paint (like Rhino lining). It looked awesome for a few months but after riding & washing it chipped, chassis & plastics. I knew the plastics would chip, just hoped the frame would last longer. Regardless, the bike looks great.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
First off, nice job. Second, what kind of paint did you use? Did you just rattle can that bitch? I ask because it looks like a warrior I restored. I love flat black so I couldn't do any clear coating & didn't know about Chassis saver paint (like Rhino lining). It looked awesome for a few months but after riding & washing it chipped, chassis & plastics. I knew the plastics would chip, just hoped the frame would last longer. Regardless, the bike looks great.

Thanks again for the positive comments. As to the paint job, yeah I rattle canned it with Rustoleum High temp flat black. The stuff is great and I don't have to worry about the rattlecan look like you would with gloss paint. I use the high temp on the whole frame and cases so I can do touch up to wear spots anywhere with the same paint and no worry about overspray from frame to engine. I used a 3 step process with primer and two different yellow Krylon paints to make the yellow really pop on the hubs.

Thanks again for the positive comments. As to the paint job, yeah I rattle canned it with Rustoleum High temp flat black. The stuff is great and I don't have to worry about the rattlecan look like you would with gloss paint. I use the high temp on the whole frame and cases so I can do touch up to wear spots anywhere with the same paint and no worry about overspray from frame to engine. I used a 3 step process with primer and two different yellow Krylon paints to make the yellow really pop on the hubs.

She looks great ... i hope my resto of an 88 looks as good as urs does!!