hooking up!

quadgod211

okay 421 cub clean up port on alky with 30 shot on a +12 stretch rigid frame +10 over swinger....

i wanna run asphalt and i need to know some of your guys input on a tire or tire size....

i can get deals on micro sprint tires....but i don't know what size...i am figuring on some 20x10x10 american racers sd23 compound....

in a Hoosier im guessing around a 63x10x10 soft compound...

most of all what i need to know is...i found some jr dragster slicks that are brand new cheap!!!

there 18x10x10...would they be to small in diameter for gearing reasons but would i hook up because they are slicks???

i have been told by tedder in a email that slicks are to violent on parts..but these being small 18's would they be tall enuff and beter yet would my bike hook up with these haveing around 120hp on spray and +10 swinger,,,

take in mind im 200lbs rider....

thanx

matt

okay 421 cub clean up port on alky with 30 shot on a +12 stretch rigid frame +10 over swinger....

i wanna run asphalt and i need to know some of your guys input on a tire or tire size....

i can get deals on micro sprint tires....but i don't know what size...i am figuring on some 20x10x10 american racers sd23 compound....

in a Hoosier im guessing around a 63x10x10 soft compound...

most of all what i need to know is...i found some jr dragster slicks that are brand new cheap!!!

there 18x10x10...would they be to small in diameter for gearing reasons but would i hook up because they are slicks???

i have been told by tedder in a email that slicks are to violent on parts..but these being small 18's would they be tall enuff and beter yet would my bike hook up with these haveing around 120hp on spray and +10 swinger,,,

take in mind im 200lbs rider....

thanx

matt

Stick with what Tedder has told you. He has been there and done the testing between the slicks and the American Racers. I've done the testing between the American Racers & the Hoosiers, both in there softest compound. They are both good tires and I have both, but I still lean toward the American Racers.

Bryan

yea i agree with the american racers but i was kinda more interested in sizes to run with my motor,,,like could i get by with runnin the slicks in a 18 inch....could i turn the american racers in a 20.5 or 21 x10 x10 or by a 8X10

the slicks i can get new for damn cheap..like 1/2 price..but there 18 inch...

could a 18 inch hook up with my set up or would the size be to small to gear for,,,its only a 300ft hardtop track.......

i dont have front brakes so i cant do much of a burnout unless i get them wet and just sling em off in like 3nd gear for just a sec....

asphalt will be new to me im a sand guy but its a new track in my area and closer then sand

yea i agree with the american racers but i was kinda more interested in sizes to run with my motor,,,like could i get by with runnin the slicks in a 18 inch....could i turn the american racers in a 20.5 or 21 x10 x10 or by a 8X10

the slicks i can get new for damn cheap..like 1/2 price..but there 18 inch...

could a 18 inch hook up with my set up or would the size be to small to gear for,,,its only a 300ft hardtop track.......

i dont have front brakes so i cant do much of a burnout unless i get them wet and just sling em off in like 3nd gear for just a sec....

asphalt will be new to me im a sand guy but its a new track in my area and closer then sand

i,m going to give you an example...my last drag bike was a 10mill dm.i had 20x10x10 on 10x9 rims sd23 and she hooked like a bitch.the reason i went with that size is cause there pretty wide at the tree for traction but they get taller as you go down the track,helping get down the track faster.gearing is also going to be a factor...i think that anything bigger for you bike will be a waste of $.we will be trying a set of ar 18x10x10 here pretty soon and i will post up results.this guy has about the same mods as you..

yea def let me know how the 18's go....

i can get this 1 pair jr dragster slicks for $100 brand new with teh sticker on the slicks still....

i figured that where slicks are so harsh on parts....where these are smaller in size i might be able to turn them with out them being as ruff as some 20 inch slicks but still hook as good as a 20 inch grooved tire...ya know......

matt

Any info you get from tedder or slowerthanyou. You can take to the bank !

I also race on asphalt. And have for a couple years now. They have always pointed me in the right direction and never let me down. I have raced with both of them in person. Same track same day. They both have assisted me in running the fastest times I have ran to date.

I also have both hoosiers and american racers. they are both great tires. In the softest compound.

Edited by duecebanshees

• 4 weeks later...
Any info you get from tedder or slowerthanyou. You can take to the bank !

I also race on asphalt. And have for a couple years now. They have always pointed me in the right direction and never let me down. I have raced with both of them in person. Same track same day. They both have assisted me in running the fastest times I have ran to date.

I also have both hoosiers and american racers. they are both great tires. In the softest compound.

where do I buy the hoosiers