electrical

cnote

so im riding my banshee a few months ago and it just shuts down i think oh crap i just locked it up but no smoke or oil. My buddy pulls me home trying to pop the clutch the whole time but nothing. Get it home start to take it apart pistons are moving fine. buddy tells me probably ignition coil, so buy new one still nothing, now im stumped. Take it to a atv dirtbike mechanic few days go by he tells me impellar was clogged with mud and did some minor damage so i think cool. Wanted to do some upgrades at some point so i thought lets just do it now while hes got it. Bored .30 over and new wiseco pistons ported polished, new keihen pj34mm carbs new cool head v force 3 reeds new billet water impellar new quadboss cdi box, new stator. So as you can probably figure just spent some $$$$. Well its been about a month and a half weather getting nice ready to ride. He still can get no fire wtf is going on , he calls me today asked me if i did anything told what i told him from the start. It sounds to me like its the same problem that it was from the start. And now i'm sure hes charging me for something he misdiagnosed from the beginning any suggestions on what the problem could be would be of great help! B/c it sounds like he doesn't know and i'm no mechanic now im getting pissed. thanks

ok, at this piont, it's likely in your harness, or switches. at your cdi, you should be reading continuity between theblack wire and the frame, engine, red/black wire, and the black wire at the coil, with the key and kill switch in run/on. no continuity between the black and black/white wire.

thats the same thing mine did if you figure it let me know ill do the same if i find out

whatever is wrong with yours is wrong with mine then, mine also died in a drag race after i pulled the clutch in, then when i tried to pullstart it behind a z400 it did that backfiring crap.

whatever is wrong with yours is wrong with mine then, mine also died in a drag race after i pulled the clutch in, then when i tried to pullstart it behind a z400 it did that backfiring crap.
yep it sucks hopefully this dude can figure it out let ya know

Take it to a atv dirtbike mechanic few days go by he tells me impellar was clogged with mud and did some minor damage so i think cool.

WTF anybody else think this sounds like "tiny unicorns in the exhaust"??! Dude I don't want to sound like a dick but I think the guy that's wrenching on it is a fucking moron. Like AKheathen said, IF the mechanic replaced the CDI and stator, and you replaced the coil, the only thing left is wiring harness and switches and maaaaybe the flywheel (I take it somebody already tried fresh plugs by now?). I would bet it's the stator, either he didn't replace it and just said he did, or who the hell knows he coulda stuffed a CR125 stator in there, point is when somebody else does the work there's no telling unless you're lookin' over his shoulder the whole time...and he coulda dropped the flywheel on a concrete floor ruining it. It takes 5 minutes to test a stator with an ohmmeter, which may not be a 100% indicator of a problem (sometimes bad ones test good) but at least you can check it and not just throw parts at it. Same goes for the switches and harness, it'll take some time but with an ohmmeter you can at least see what's up...

WTF anybody else think this sounds like "tiny unicorns in the exhaust"??! Dude I don't want to sound like a dick but I think the guy that's wrenching on it is a fucking moron. Like AKheathen said, IF the mechanic replaced the CDI and stator, and you replaced the coil, the only thing left is wiring harness and switches and maaaaybe the flywheel (I take it somebody already tried fresh plugs by now?). I would bet it's the stator, either he didn't replace it and just said he did, or who the hell knows he coulda stuffed a CR125 stator in there, point is when somebody else does the work there's no telling unless you're lookin' over his shoulder the whole time...and he coulda dropped the flywheel on a concrete floor ruining it. It takes 5 minutes to test a stator with an ohmmeter, which may not be a 100% indicator of a problem (sometimes bad ones test good) but at least you can check it and not just throw parts at it. Same goes for the switches and harness, it'll take some time but with an ohmmeter you can at least see what's up...

trust me you dont sound like a dick this is the same thing im thinking i feel like im getting screwed like i said i think he midiagnosed it from the beginning and now i just stuck a shit load of money into it and im sure im paying for his time to figure out what it was all along

The best thing to do here is go spend a few bucks on a Continuity tester and check all your wires...i had a similar problem riding fine and boom it turned off...thanks to this forum i only had to spend $30 to fix my bike it was nothing but a melted wire that i would never have found by just looking it at it..the problem you are having is almost 99% sure its from your harness.