tether kill switch

MILO

i'm debating if i want to get one or not. of course it seems like a good idea in case you crash so the quad doesn't roll off without you, lol, or flip and stick the throttle open and sit there screaming till you can reach it. it looks like most of them would replace the key switch, which is not a big deal to do. i was looking at the pro armor one with the t-handle reset. but i wonder how many people actually run one and if it's worth the bother. i run mostly woods trails, open farming areas, & some hillclimbing. just normal country life riding, no dunes or anything. maybe once a year trip to a local mx track to play around.

I just wired in the Tusk T-1502 lanyard kill. It feels like it's going to last, and was only $19.99 from RMATV. The spring in it is very strong. It takes alot to pull the key out, so it's not gonna just fall out if it gets caught on something. Haven't heard any reviews on it, but I figured I'd give it a try.

i have one and i love it. u have to jump the key switch because its a closed curcit to make the banshee run. and splice into the orange wire in your harness. goes to coil. and the ground the other side of the tether to the frame.

I have one on my old Banshee.

It seems to be getting more lose as it gets older. The rubber is drying out a bit.

I dont race with it and it came with it when I bought it.

I had problems last year with my kid bumping it and killing it when I gave him a ride at the dunes last summer,

It annoyed me a bit and I thought about taking it off and running the original stop switch again.

However yesterday when I was out on the circle track at the raceway, I was just out there by myself screwing around.

I was flying around the track and almost lost it around the corner and realized the importance of them.

If it would have gotten away from me and kept going the switch would have stopped it cold.

I now plan on getting two new ones today.

I will put them on both Banshees now.

Good lesson I learned.

Edited by R. Rollins

ok so it sounds like it's not a bad idea to have one for those unfortunate incidents. i've heard of others having some problems with the pro designs too so i might just stick with the pro armour one. i'll tag it on my next order with RMATV, probably today. i'm not one to crash often, pretty rarely actually. but i've been dumping more and more $$ into my banshee and i guess it would just be a little insurance to save it if needed.

Edited by MILO

I had problems last year with my kid bumping it and killing it when I gave him a ride at the dunes last summer,

It annoyed me a bit and I thought about taking it off and running the original stop switch again.

The Tusk that I have, only kills the engine when the tether is pulled. Bumping it doesn't kill it.