4 mill passion

rawbansheepower

I dont understand why there seems to be such a spread with main jets on 39pwks. Some guys say they run 150-160, and then there is those of us that need to run 190s. Is it due to different needles. My 421 has 39pwk's with DGH needles, 55 pilots. I had 185 mains in it which were good in the heat when i did the plug chop. Made the mistake of going out for a night ride when i was in oregon last time and temps dropped like 30 degrees. Heard it break up 1 time then died. Guess what right piston kaboom. Obviously i was on the edge with 185's Going to throw some 195s in when i get it buttoned back up.

• 2 weeks later...
ran it today for the first time and its way too rich.. had 170's and was too rich then went down to 160's and still to rich...does anyone know the right jet setup for these carbs..maybe the piolet jet and main jet.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but have you asked Passion where to start jetting his motor?

It is absolutely true each motor is different, but he'll know where his motors like fuel, and there are a lot of 39PWKs out there...it should run fine.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but have you asked Passion where to start jetting his motor?

It is absolutely true each motor is different, but he'll know where his motors like fuel, and there are a lot of 39PWKs out there...it should run fine.

I helped him out the other day with the jetting and where to start. he said I was right on and the motor hauls ass

Guess I should've realized it was a few week old post...nice work Brad!

ya and thanks dajogejr. Me and Matt elkins sent you my tranny and your buddy evan cut my tranny for a dunable tranny and it shifts awesome. and my problem was my key way fell out, so there was no timing and one carb didnt have a pilot jet and the other carb had a 48 pilot jet. so then i went to 55 pilots and got 170 mains and it hauls ass. Everyone told me 39's were too big for passion's motor cuz it's only a aggressive dune port, but jim's exhaust port is huge on this thing and all his other ports. But it's a ripper so obviously the 39's are fine for this motor. it's a 380 4 mill passion, not the biggest motor out there but it's setup right. thanks guys for the help.